Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DC Power Cord Length

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
Does anyone know the length of the DC Power Cord with Anderson Power Pole connectors for Flex 6000 Series? Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    1,8m ...figure that in feet ;-)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am not sure, I'd guess 10'. I just took a look, but didn't measure it. Of course if Tim sees this he'd know for sure. If that isn't long enough for your environment you can certainly buy it by the foot a a gazillon places.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Got it in feet: 6 ft was mine, bought a longer one on eBay...
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just remember if you go much longer then the factory you want to go with bigger gauge wire to cut down on voltage/current loss from resistance in the longer wire.
    You can google the wire size loss's and see charts for the length of wire size voltage and current draw or there is a cool Android APP called "ElectroDroid" that has all kinds of very useful info and a lot of calculators for all kinds of Electronic design and info if you have a android device. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    That will be 6ft then :-)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Wow, Electrodroid, thanks! When I made my order, as the 6000 was still a year out in preproduction, I ordered a 1500 and Astron PS large enough to handle the 6000. So when the 6000 arrived I had to cut off those gold (or brass) connectors, tin the resulting leads and I had to work to get their diameter down such that they would even fit in the Astron 25.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.