Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dayton 2016

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Amateur Radio Interests
I cannot believe we do not have a Dayton 2016 thread going! So here it is.
Post pictures, the lucky guys at Dayton please, for the many of us that cannot be there!

Comments

• Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Very professional display and look more than one spot for folks to sit down and turn knobs. Sure beats one radio and a crowd. First class as one would expect from the World's Leader in SDR!
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I would really like a pic of the operation of K9CT via Maestro at the ARRL booth or where ever it is
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You can see the flex booth on the k5kub live video stream   http://w5kub.com/
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ah, no wonder I haven't got my Maestro, it's in Dayton :)  seriously though I'm getting impatient waiting for RadioWorld (Canada) to get their order. I placed my order the same day Maestro appeared on flexradio.com
  • Jeff, wd0exr
    Jeff, wd0exr Member
    edited May 2016
    w5kub live feed - watching activity at the Flex booth ...
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It pays to get there early before the crowds arrived. Gerald showed me the prototype linear. I went back a couple of hours later and you couldn't get near the Maestros. Steve is participating in an SRD forum in an hours time. A must forum for me. I hope it will be recorded. Winston ps the toilets haven't blocked yet. Fingers crossed! src="https://us.v-cdn.net/6032377/uploads/attachments/RackMultipart20160520-27371-q042j-image_inline.jpg" >
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Gerald messaged that the FRS booth is mobbed! 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/4o3a-power-genius-info

Some other new items:

• PalStar has a linear

• Kenwood has a DStar ready HT (Maybe - "Kenwood Tentative" status now)

• New FT-891 HF Rig

• There at $28 dual band HTs!!

• Several new, some SDR incorporating, radios from LNR, Expert Electronics (MB1), Elad, Woxun and more.

Jeff KE9V has posted photos and some details on a good number of these at: https://twitter.com/ke9v

Steve K9ZW

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Any bets on Flex announcing anything new. I'm hoping for a qrp rig that will work with Maestro
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    In addition to production Maestros and the FRS/4o3a Amp?

Might be a lot to ask?

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The 4o3a amp is gorgeous, but likely to be out of my budget range for the near term. Looking forward to hearing more about it at the dinner in an hour or so. I did come home with a new Begali key for the 6500.
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    edited December 2016
    Please comment about the dinner for us poor souls that can't be there
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Flex is running a promotion that is targeting- surprise!- the Icom 7300 users: 1) Buy a Flex AND an Ic-7300 2) Within the first thirty days, decide which radio you want to keep 3) If you like the Icom, return the flex for a 100% refund 4) If you like the Flex, send the Icom to Flex for a 90% credit of your Icom invoice
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    If this is true I hope people are honest with their choice. Of course to do this you will have to have the money to buy both which should **** out some that may try to take advantage.
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    edited February 2017
    Ok Dinner is over. What's up guys
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Maybe they're digesting.  :-)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Burp. Going to bed now. Tomorrow comes early
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Seems to me to be a simple promotion for those @ dayton who can not decide between a new ic7300 or the superior flex 6300. I doubt icom is offering such a promotion.

Flex already offers a 30 day try for free and this appears to be modified for the dayton market. Perhaps this will not disappear.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Lori and sharon prepared to sell radios Friday Morning

The Maestro Bar was busy, sometimes with folks packed 4-deep waiting for a seat

Chris, K6OZY, showing off Maestro running the K9CT superstation to both Craig, K9CT, and new FlexRadio owner HK1R, Jorge (see http://hk1rjumanji.dxarc.org)

More Maestro Bar

SDR Forum Friday afternoon with Scotty, WA2DFI, speaking (Jared, AF7SO and Steve, N5AC also talked).  In another 20 minutes there was even more folks lining the walls standing.

Friday night FlexRadio Banquet -- filled to the gills!  We had 200 people, our largest crowd to date.

Lots of folks were demoing their remote FlexRadios.  Chris would send CW from K9CT's station over remote from a Maestro to another station in Finland using the DL8MRE RadioApp, etc.  Fun had by all!

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the Pics!!!
    One of these years I might make it to one of these events!!
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Seems to me to be a half-baked promotion. If someone is planning to spend $1500 on a rig, how is losing $150 (10% of the purchase price) is going to compel them to spend twice as much? Then there is the question of how many people would charge $4,000 on their credit card just to test two radios...not many.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    More DL8MRE communications San Diego to Indiana viaDayton imageimage
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It indicates something else though. In this political season one often hears the pundits admonishing, you should always attack up, never down.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    A deal should have a balanced value exchange to work. In this case the buyer pays $150 to buy a radio he could have bought anyway. On the flip side, Flex does not spend a penny to acquire the buyer- remember, they buy the 7300 at 90% which allows them to sell it with no or very little loss. I also think that the buying decision has been made much earlier in the process. People know if they want a standalone knobbed radio or a mouse, computer, and a monitor. Conversely, having the 7300 next to a Flex is likely to make potential Flex buyers reconsider their buying decision in favor of the 7300.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I count like 10 Maestros at the Maestro bar.  What do you have all those Maestros plugged into?

73  W9OY
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That's the danger of going toe to toe with the weaker opponent. I would have thought positioning the 1500 as direct competition to the 7300, that would be competing up.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    They had a 7300 vs 6300 side by side at theFkex Booth. No Contest 6300 blows away the 7300
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    12 Maestro Stacked 6300 in a travel case.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Can't wait to get mine in June!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.