Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

daxiq status message

Doug - K3TZR
Doug - K3TZR Member
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR API
When I have DaxIq enabled I see that I receive daxiq Status messages, here's an example:

S7E1E15E5|daxiq 1 pan=0x40000000 rate=48000 capacity=16 available=14

yet when I look in the C# code of FlexLib I don't see any use of this Status message in the "private void ParseStatus(string s)" method on Radio.

Is this a leftover from some previous approach or have I just missed its processing in FlexLib?

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    It looks like we process daxiq status messages under the "stream" heading (see ParseStatus in Radio.cs).  This looks like a bug.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I entered it in our system for tracking as #4943.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Eric
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'm trying to access DAX IQ.. Creating the stream works ok but if I try to remove I get no status message back from which I can see that the stream was removed. I looked at the TCP commands exchanged by SmartDAX and the radio using wireshark. They are the same commands I'm using and SmartDAX gets the same responses as well.

Here are the command / responses (using Dougs API tester):

No panadapter had daxiq channel 1 assigned so pan is always 0x0 in these messages.

Two things I'm puzzled about:
    • the stream status message after I crated the daxiq stream does not have the in_use flag
    • when I remove the stream I only get a daxiq status message which is identical to the message after I created the stream - I would have expected to get a stream stratus message with "in_use=0" as this is the criteria in FlexLib to remove the stream object
    SmartDAX sends a second identical stream remove command after the first one but gets the same error reply like I do in the dialog above..

So what is the secret here?? How does SmartDAX figure that the daxiq stream was removed?

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    This looks like an oversight to me.  I suppose that if you are using FlexLib and call the Close function in IQStream, it will dispose of the C# object.  But this leaves a hole in the API where other applications are concerned.  I've entered this as issue #5281 for tracking.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.