Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX won't transmit sometimes

Drax
Drax Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I keep having an issue where WSJT-X will key the radio, I hear the relay click, and I see the Level meter moving, but the RF Power meter is not moving and the panadapter shows no RF output.  

When I click TUNE in SmartSDR the radio is able to TX full power.  Clicking tune in WSJT only causes the Level meter to rise to a steady level and the relays to click on.

This often happens spontaneously after I've had the radio running fine and after sometime it stops working.    Then I have to remove power from the radio and reboot it.  And sometimes that does not work easily.

What am I missing?

Comments

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Drax,

I also use WSJT-X a lot with my 6700. I have experienced the "no RF" problem that you described and it has been because the DAX button on the Transmit Control Panel has not been selected after a restart of the 6700. It would be nice if this was part of "persistence".

I understand that this is not the only situation where you experience no RF power. I too had that same experience until I upgraded to v. 1.1.3...are you running the latest upgrade?

Ed, K0KC
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Ed - the DAX TX button persistence issue will be addressed in SmartSDR v1.2
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Tim,

Great!...my old brain needs all of the help it can get!

Ed, K0KC
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited March 2014
    I have newest version and I've checked that DAX button. There's some other gremlin there too though.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I also see this at times with my 6700. I usually rcv on stream1 and xmit on stream2; I have gone several weeks where stream2 has just worked.... This morning its back to no output on stream 2, so I switch to stream3, enable it in the control panel, switch it in wsjt-x and things work...  still some dax gremlins in there..

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I have found, occasionally, that shutdown issues require me to stop DAX and restart it before things work right.  That is usually my first recourse when things get fouled up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.