Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX transmit issue

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm missing something , DAX can receive just fine but transmit is lost right now. hope there is help out there.. conditions Smart SDR 1.024 Beta and FLDIGI

Answers

• Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    James: Would you mind providing a few additional details? 1. Can you key the radio? 2. Did you set DAX as your Audio source in the transmit panel? 3. In the DAX control panel, did you set the "TX" so it's red? 4. Are you in DIGU / DIGL mode? 5. In the active slice, is the "DAX" indicator blue? 6. In FLDIGI, how are you setting up for PTT? (I use CAT for PTT). That will help us figure it out. If you haven't you might want to watch the Youtube How-To on setting up DAX. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcb5QGoo_Nc
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Did you see the comment in the release notes (Known Issues, Limitations and Caveats) about having to toggle the Slice A TX off and back on to enable CAT to key the radio? If not, do that.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    Would you mind providing a few additional details? 1. Can you key the radio? NO 2. Did you set DAX as your Audio source in the transmit panel? Yes 3. In the DAX control panel, did you set the "TX" so it's red? YES 4. Are you in DIGU / DIGL mode? 5. In the active slice, is the "DAX" indicator blue? Yes 6. In FLDIGI, how are you setting up for PTT? (I use CAT for PTT). tried both will, look this again. I what the video three time verified everything I think it's either the Smart SDR CAT or FLDIGI That will help us figure it out. If you haven't you might want to watch the Youtube How-To on setting up DAX.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Toggle the TX button in the Slice A control panel (flag).
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Also, in Fldigi if CAT is not connecting the QSY button will be grayed out.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I thought I was having a problem until I checked the "Use CAT Control" option in fldigi.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    That's why I did my post last night to remind people about the CAT command for PTT
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    I think I found the problem my DAX Audio Reserved TX 1 is unplugged
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    well I DE installed everything, rebooted and installed FLEX 1.024 still have the same issue. can receive all day copy PSK31 and RTTY and CW no issue with receiving at all Only transmit the software will not KEY the radio at all. Here are the current condition. FLEX 1.0.24 Channel 1 is DAX , transmit window is DAX Smart Cat available virtual ports 6-16 physical ports at port 5 FLDIGI Audio port is checked Capture is DAX audio port 1 playback is DAX audio TX port 1 RIG control use Cat is checked port 6 baud rate is 19200 ( I tried all speeds) stop bits is 1 Help my phone is 931-610-3750
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    On the DAX control panel is the channel 1 'blue" If it isn't blue it isn't enabled.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    Yes it's blue
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited December 2016
    how did you get smartDSR.xml in there?
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited December 2016
    this problem is deeper than a click of blue. I will call you Monday at 0800 Central for help
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You can download it from the fldigi web site: http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited December 2016
    thanks
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    don't what I did but reboot FLDIGI and and SmartSDR 1.0.24 and everything started working on thanks for the comments Jim WU5E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.