Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax feature request

Norm S
Norm S Member
edited September 2018 in New Ideas
As some of you may already know, I use a Jabra wireless headset connected to my PC via a USB port and then to and from the 6700 using DAX. 

I'd really like to see DAX include the ability to turn on/off the TX/RX EQ.  As it is right now, I can not taylor the audio for my microphone when using DAX and I can not taylor the RX EQ for my receive audio on my headset.   This would be a great feature for me at least.

I'm also hoping that when squelch is implemented, it will be available to each of the DAX channels with individual controls.

Norm - KL7RS

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

When one uses the 3000 or 5000 with the Virtual Audio Cable, the receive audio can be equalized but not true with the transmit audio for some reason.

Jim, K6QE

• Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    Norm,
      How much of a delay are you experiencing? I am using the Jabra PRO 9460.  I am seeing over a 1 second delay which makes it very difficult especially when using VOX. I have gone back to an analog connection as the delay is very minor.
       I was using Windows 7 and the "Listen to this Device" feature.  
    Mark NU6X 
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm seeing about 1/2 second.  If it were a full second, I think I would have given up DAX and have gone to direct connection to the rig.  I'm also using Windows 7 and the "Listen to this Device" feature.  I have a fairly fast PC and I don't have much unnecessary stuff loaded on it and running.

I love not having a bunch of cables running everywhere so I have been reluctant to wire directly to the rig.  I may try it later this week though just to see how much better it is.

Norm - KL7RS
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If you have a iPad you can by Stu s program which allows you to creat profils that would solve your problem and it has many other features.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.