Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX error on XP installation.

Army Curtis
Army Curtis Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
On installing Beta v1.0.24 (several times), I get a fatal error on DAX as soon as the radio becomes available. This happens on two different XP systems, but does not happen on Win7 or 8.1. The radio itself appears to work fine on XP; the only problem noted is with DAX. XP systems are SP3 with all updates. The error report is below: EventType : clr20r3 P1 : daxwpf.exe P2 : 1.0.2.22 P3 : 52b4eafc P4 : portaudiosharp P5 : 0.19.3.34572 P6 : 52b4eaf9 P7 : 45 P8 : 7 P9 : system.nullreferenceexception Any help would be appreciated. 73 de Army AE5P

Comments

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ditto. Last night, I opened up a trouble ticket with Flex C/S concerning exactly the same issue. I'm using Win XP, SP3, Dell Core 2 Duo (Optiplex 760). Paul, W9AC
  • Terry, W0VB
    Terry, W0VB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Ditto. I tried on two different machines running XP with SP3. Same problem here. Terry, W0VB
  • John - K1OR
    John - K1OR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Also here. Appears to be an XP issue. Identical error report as well. Tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall etc, etc with no change. Put a ticket in Saturday. John, K1OR
  • Rich K3SOM
    Rich K3SOM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Suddenly I am feeling much better. It's not me or something unusual that I have on my XP, SP3 PC. I opened a ticket on this issue with the same crash information on Saturday. I'm sure they will be able to find the cause of this anomaly.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Also had put in a ticket on this. May be related to some other driver issues (Realtek) as well. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have win7 and had the same thing happen on first install. I don't know if error code was the same. I rel-oaded and all went ok. Figured I had just done something wrong. 73 Roger na4rr
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Guys, I'm running Win 8.1. Now before you guys hang me out to dry, let me say this. I was very unhappy with Win 8. I got myself a Win 8.1 for Idiots book and read it. Win 8 is a different bread of cat, once you read the book and start using it. You'll love it. I'm running SSDR 1.0.24 Beta, SSDR CAT 1.2.2 and PSDR 2.7.2 and I have absolutely no problems. My hardware is an ASUS Motherboard and High Performance video card. I thought I would pass this along. Merry Christmas
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Bob W1GLV Between the rock and the hard-place as they say - as legacy software favors/demands XP making an upgrade another set of problems. Personally a native OSX version of SmartSDR couldn't come soon enough to suit me. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Same DAX error as above with Win XP SP3.
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I am having the same problem on Windows 7. It worked great for 2 days and now it DAX fails as soon as the radio appears in SmartSDR window. I have opened a problem ticket.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    To AI6RE That's what happened to me. DAX would not stay on the lower right taskbar or it was not showing when I clicked on the "show hidden icon". Or under programs either. I found that by going to: C:PROGRAM FILESFLEXRADIO SYSTEMSSMARTSDR BETA_V1.0.24DAX enter; would open DAX. Then click property and place in the taskbar. That worked for me and I am very DAX happy and Smart CAT too!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a perfect example of the challenges of trying to support 4 different Windows operating systems that all implement the audio API differently. I won't go into the details, but XP does not behave like later operating systems which is the root cause of the error listed. We have identified the bug and it will be fixed in the next version of SmartSDR for Windows. In the mean time, we have a software "patch" available that we can provide to resolve this problem. To get it please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for the SmartSDR DAX product and indicate you are having the "crash at start up" issue. Note this interim fix is for XP systems only.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.