Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX control

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Is it possible to have the corresponding DAX channels open automatically in the control panel when the slice DAX control panel is used to select the channel. Also, will it be possible to activate more than one DAX channel per slice? It may be useful to open an IQ channel and an audio channel for the same slice. Thanks and HNY Greg AB7R

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure I understand your first question. When you click the channel number in the DAX control panel, it starts the flow of receiver data (provided it is paired with a slice receiver). The DAX control panel remembers this so next time you restart, it is running again. There can only be a single DAX channel per slice receiver. You may, however, have multiple clients connected to the channel. Not entirely sure why you would want to do this yet, but it is enabled in the software. So you can have PC#1 listening to DAX channel 1 and PC#2 listening to DAX channel 1 also. Finally, DAXIQ channels are independent from DAX channels. DAX channels are associated with slice receivers, but DAXIQ channels are associated with panadapters. You will select a DAXIQ channel on a panadapter and then the center of the panadapter will be the center of the IQ data received over a DAXIQ channel. If you tune the panadapter, you will tune the DAXIQ channel also. As of today, this functionality has not been released. It is scheduled for release with SmartSDR v1.1.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Hi Steve! Thanks for the info. As for the first part of the question, I was wondering if it were possible to select the DAX channels from the slice control....and that action in turn automatically selects the corresponding slice rx/tx in the DAX CP. Just an automation step. CUL greg
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited May 2014

The settings on the DAX control panel are not remembered as i switch off SSDR. Next time i start SSDR only DAX channel 1 is enabled. I had to open the control panel and enable the other channels i wanted to use.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Steve, I think the second question might be, a request to be able to have two different applications connected to the same slice at the same time. For example, can I have fldigi connected to decode CW while also using Audacity to record my contacts for later review... Or have a USB mike connected via DAX 1 and my voice keyer connected to the same slice via DAX 2? Is this what you are getting at, Greg?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.