Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Audio muting

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
DAX audio not mutable via the SSDR speaker Icons either on the slice with DAX in use. The only way to mute the SSDR audio on a remote PC is with the PC audio control itself. Is this the intended design? I have just the one slice open. Win 7 64.

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    A related question.....how does one adjust the DAX audio level? similar to the VAC gain adjustments in PSDR. I have not found that in the update info. THanks Greg
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    right click on the DAX icon on the bottom docking bar or in the hidden icons list there and then click 'show control panel'. This opens the DAX control panel to set the levels of both TX/RX per DAX channel.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Larry, For its intended purpose, DAX feeding a sound card program, muting makes no sense.. You can use the 1,2,3... select button in the DAX control panel to deselect that DAX channel for mute. Greg, You can control the audio level in the DAX control panel. AL, K0VM
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I guess what I was trying to do was mute the receiver slice or entire radio server (6700) I am listening to remotely...It just so happens the audio is coming via DAX. I need to quit thinking logically....Note my emoticon.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I do like to have the ability to listen to the DAX signal. It could replace the audio cable altogether if it was stereo. The mute would then make more sense in regards to the DAX.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.