Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX ?

Craig McVeay
Craig McVeay Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Seems the DAX TX and DAX RX connections don't want to connect after upgrading to V2.0.

In a different post, I mentioned loss of CAT control in various applications.  For MARS work, I use two applications that use CAT only for PTT but they do require DAX connections.  When I open the DAX control panel, none of the RX streams are connecting.

Is this a known issue?

Craig
N0CSM

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Craig, on the off possibility, could it be your firewall blocking CAT and DAX on the LAN? I know with Symantec I see firewall entries for each version of CAT and DAX installed on the PC. Typically mine are set to auto but might be worth checking.

If you still have issues I would recommend opening a Help Desk ticket. Flex team has been VERY responsive in helping people through the upgrade.

Dave wo2x
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    From what I have read in the 2.0 documentation it seems dax doesn't work with Smartlink.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Craig,

There are no issues with CAT and DAX working on the LAN in 2.0. A lot more information will be needed to help solve what has happened inside your computer. In this case, it's probably best to create a help desk ticket. This is not typical behavior. One thing to try if you haven't is to DC power off your radio and reboot your computer. I also assume you followed the upgrade instructions carefully.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Craig McVeay
    Craig McVeay Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the other suggestion Dave, that has me up and running on WSJT-X and I'll try the same fix on others on Thursday when I have the whole day to work on it.

The only change to the LAN, router was to open port forwarding to smartlink.  Prior to the upgrade, DAX was working just fine.  I can look into it on Thursday and if I can't resolve it then, I'll open a ticket.  Thanks again!

I'm using this locally, not via Smartlink.

Craig
    N0CSM
  • Randy Harris
    Randy Harris Member
    edited July 2017
    Craig. I just setup MSDMT along with SM last night using DAX for PDSDM + CAT 9 and my VSP for the SM. I had to do a power down reboot. After that it works perfect. I have not tried ALE yet.
  • Richard Thompson
    edited July 2017
    Just delete them and add them it will work fine. It does on mine. Dr W6IW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.