Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX vs 1903 update: Finding two missing drivers

Dana Borgman
Dana Borgman Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903.  Of course, I forgot to uninstall the DAX drivers before the upgrade, so everything was messed up.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.11.12 software a few times.  The last time I made sure the ghosted drivers were completely gone before the re-install.  Still, the names were mixed up.

After the last re-install, I went through the process of renaming the devices as outlined elsewhere in the forum.  Everything seemed to make sense except for the two "IQ RX 1" devices, which I can't see in the devices list.  There are two devices that I think should not be in the list: DAX RESERVED MIC AUDIO (Flex Radio Systems DAX IQ) and DAX RESERVED AUDIO TX (Flex Radio Systems DAX IQ).  Do these devices make sense?  Could these actually be the DAX IQ RX 1 and DAX RESERVED IQ RX 1 devices that aren't showing up?

I haven't tried anything since I did the renaming yesterday. Here are the devices at this moment.

Thanks!
Dana

Answers

• Dana Borgman
    Dana Borgman Member
    edited July 2019
    I forgot to mention, no devices are disabled.  I checked that.

Dana
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes, the lines at the 2 red arrows are still named wrong they are your missing DAX IQ's.

• Dana Borgman
    Dana Borgman Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, Larry.  Is there any way to figure out which one is which?  Neither says RX 1.

By the way, as it stands now I my apps are receiving audio again, but no TX yet.  That's probably because of the naming.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Go to where you renamed them right click on the speaker next to the clock and pick sounds, look at the descriptions of the wrongly named drivers, you should be able to distinguish between the IQ and reserved IQ.
  • Dana Borgman
    Dana Borgman Member
    edited July 2019
    I think it looks correct now, but still no joy on TX.  The TX meter on the DAX window is showing activity and I can hear the TX audio through the monitor, but no RF out.  Here are the devices listed by connection.

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    A couple of ides from Eric's post awhile back
    1. Check under Settings->Privacy->Microphone that Allow apps to access your microphone is On.

6. Make sure that the DAX devices are not set as the default audio devices (record and playback).  Typically you should set the built in microphone and speaker devices to be the default.

• Dana Borgman
    Dana Borgman Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, Dave.  I went through everything while I was off-line from the radio.  Everything was right, but I couldn't see that DAX was using the microphone.  So, I fired up the rig and verified DAX was using the microphone.  I tried sending a tone out from WSJT-X, and this time everything worked.

I don't know what the magic was, but I suspect I had been using a bad microphone profile in SmartSDR that I was trying to set up for FT-8.  Back to the default microphone profile and TX was in working order.

Dana

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.