Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX TX Audio - what am I doing wrong?

Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Please help this DAX challenged 6500 user.  I'm trying to get DAX working in USB.

My soundcard program is outputting to "DAX Audio TX" and in the Windows Sound Playback tab I see DAX Audio TX active.  In the SSDR DAX Control Panel I see no activity on TX Stream.  DAX is selected as Channel 1 for slice A.  DAX is selected in the P/CW panel.  But my 6500 is still taking its audio from my mic and not DAX.

I know I'm off on something here.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

Answers

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Select the DAX input from the drop down to the right of the processor level setting in the P/CW control panel.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Barry,
      try it with VOX off..

AL, K0VM
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Never mind. I didn't catch that you had already done that.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Is your mic d efault?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Barry, what software are you trying to get to work with DAX??
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for all the responses!  Sorry, I was offline for a while.  

Al, I did have VOX off.  (I NEVER use VOX)

The long and short of it is that it's working now.  I did power cycle everything and restart SSDR.  Evidently I had all the settings correct originally but some phantom was preventing it from working originally.  All is well now.

Thanks & 73,
    Barry N1EU
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Might have had a Dax channel turned off in the Dax app. I find myself thinking they are always on, but that's wrong. I don't think a restart changes those settings, though. You could also try cycling the Dax channel off and on, and you could try bouncing the Dax CP.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I specifically checked that earlier and it was on but it was registering no level for the audio whereas the Windows Sound was showing plenty of level.

Next time I'll try bouncing DAX CP, thanks for the suggestion Dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.