Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax Support in SmartSDR 2.0

Greg - KØGDI
Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm am remoting my station at the QTH from another location.  Everything connects up fine except DAX.  Is it not supported remotely?  I would love to work some WSJT modes.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    DAX is not supported via SmartLink.  THis is covered in the SmartSDR v2.0 FAQ.
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-v2-0-faq-pdf/
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Tim.  You know nobody reads before they ask.  :)  Hope this is integrated at some point for us digital guys.  :)  I took the Maestro for a mobile test using the Verizon network, seemed to work just fine.

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have the same problem.  My current plan for a work-around is to attach the WSJT computer to the radio and use TeamViewer remotely to work the digital modes.  The screen resolution isn't perfect, but I'm hoping it will work well enough.  Others use different remote access solutions to get the same experience.  Parallels Access is cool if your remote device is iPhone or iPad.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    For digital remoting to your shack computer, I really like Splashtop. Works very well. CW and SSB are great with SmartLink.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have had great luck with Anydesk now that Teamviewer  blocked me from the free version.  I made the mistake of remoting from the domain at work.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I do the same except that I use VNC. Actually I only do this for latency's sake. Incidentally DAX will still work over VPN. 
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I use Splashtop on my iphone and ipad mini to remote into my shack PC to run digi modes. I run them a lot during the day. Watch for countries i need and pounce. Works great and no latency that way. Tried a few times from work, via vpn and it was ok, but caused some issues on JT65 and FT8. That was with a 50/5 connection and 100/10 at the office. Just had fiber installed this past weekend and changed ISP's. Got 1G/1G now. Remoting has never been more fun and flawless. Even from my ios devices over cellular.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.