Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX SHOWS RX BUT DIGITAL MODES ARE NO RX

From one night to the other with no software changes and no settings changes, my digital software (WSJT-x and HRD) are not receiving from DAX.  DAX is showing incoming signal streaming and CAT is fine with PTT but no incoming signal in either software.  Both software are set to DAX Audio RX1 and I have not made any other changes to the computer.  What am I missing here?

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Did you try rebooting DAX ? 
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mark. This is usually something pretty simple. A couble things to check.

You mention your apps are set to DAX Audio RX1. You're sure it doesn't say 'Reserved'?l
    Under DAX in the slice you are sure it says Channel 1? Try changing channels and maybe changing back.

I'm not familiar with HRD but WSJT-X audio adjustment is not zeroed out?

If I think of anything else to try out I'll pass it along. Oh... reboot computer/restart radio? Good luck! Hoping you find a quick fix.

Kev K4VD

• Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited April 2017
    I did not try that but I did downgrade to 1.8.4 and all is working correctly now.  Have you had this same experience?

• Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited April 2017
    Kev,  I did go through that check list and no change in symptoms.  However, I did not re-boot DAX which could have solved the problem.  What did seem to solve the problem was deleting old versions of SmartSDR and downgrade to 1.8.4.  Everything is working now.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I would upgrade to 1.9.13 and try stopping and restarting DAX if the problem reoccurs.
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank-you.  I should have tried that as my first solution.

Thanks
    Mark

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Tim, I also have this issue with 1.10.16GA and Digital Master.
    Symptoms are similar to what was reported by Mark. All worked fine on 1.6.24, which was prior release of SSDR. I upgraded as I surmised  1.10.16GA represented the final 1.x version.

DAX applet shows signal being received but Digital master loses signal. When trying to close and re-open DAX channel the channel is V E R Y slow to close. It used to be instantaneous. I even had a case when the DAX applet showed the channel was closed yet Digital master had started receiving it, not just for a moment for as if I hadn't closed the channel at all. That appears like the control is out of sync with the state of the channel.

The problem appeared with the 1.10.16GA upgrade. I did not do any of the beta versions.
    Initially the Digital Master was a 6.3.xx and I upgraded to 6.4 in case that was the issue. No difference re: DAX.

I've never had the requirement to be stopping and restarting the dax applet when it failed. Is that the circumvention for Mark or the FRS solution? I just retried that circumvention/solution and it did not work.

Will this be fixed in the 1.x release or be pushed to the 2.x release?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    There are several DAX issues in the bug tracker.  We'll make the determination whether or not to include them in a 1.x release if the current release is 2.x after we understand the nature of the problem and what it takes to resolve it.  Until that time, it would be premature to speculate on it any further.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.