Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX restore video

Options
Enrique Rabczuk
Enrique Rabczuk Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Video needed to how to restore lost DAX due the Windowa 10 update.

Answers

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have gone through at least 4 smart SDR upgrades, and at least 6 Windows 10 upgrades and never had any issues with DAX drivers????? My computer is set up for only Ham Radio operations so besides SmartSDR I have programs like HRD, ICOM RS-BA1, Stackers, Slice etc.

I am wondering if some other program is causing this to happen and is not related to Flex or Windows 10.. My Laptop is a Lenova 1 year old... I also have all of this running on my desk top computer that is a Windows 10 computer with an ASUS Motherboard, about 4 years old and has a ton of OTHER software on it like Office and all the so called non Ham Radio related software for my Fluke Test Equipment, Rigol Test Equipment to mention a few...Plus it does have all the HAM radio related software.. Never an issue with any Software upgrades!

So what is different that this is happening to you and others??? I dont think it is a BIG problem... I think personally this is related to MEMORY LEAK on the Chip Set but that is just me!!! At least once a month my cable box fails to auto record a program!! Tells me it is time to re-boot the box and then everything is fine!!

The only thing I tell my family members is to be sure every program is SHUT DOWN before you start a upgrade, and be sure you Turn Off and then turn the computer back on before the upgrade! NOTE!! Do not just RESTART the computer, be sure to shut it down then power it back on, their is a difference..

Good Luck Folks!!!
    Robert
  • Michael Reid
    Michael Reid Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    To all DAX - Windows upgrade problems..
    I have a similar situation as described by Robert Lonn except NONE of my ham programs start when the computer is turned on...all I did was produce two batch files "HamOn" and "HamOff" which turn on and off all needed programs in proper order and with appropriate interval delays...I use Flex 6500, DXLab suite, Expert Linear 2k-FA, antenna rotor control, etc...I have never had a DAX issue...
    Mike, K6DRY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.