Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Problem with 6600M

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I cannot seem to get past DAX problems with my 6600M.  I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and Flex Version 2.2.8.109.  CAT and SDR work fine with N1MM+. and I have operate a few CW contests with no problem.  

However, when I run DAX, I get a DAX Driver Error.  The TX and Mic Stream show No Data and the first RX stream shows a driver error.  When I look under the Sound branch in Device Manager, the four DAX entries (Audio, Mic Audio, IQ, and TX) are all flagged and properties indicates that "Windows cannot verify the digital signatures for this device."  I'm not sure if that is the problem or not.

I did see a recent post by Tim Ellison showing how to uninstall and reinstall all the DAX drivers.  I followed that procedure and it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions on where to look next?  I would like to start to use some of the audio streams.

Al, K0AD

Answers

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dudley;

I currently have auto updates turned off on my Win 7 machine and have for quite a while.  Would you recommend that I first "catch up" with all updates and, if that does not solve the problem, implement the hot fix described above?

AL, K0AD

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    The updates for Win7 for a while now have been mostly security updates.  I recommend making a restore point and then start the update process.  You'll probably get the root cert updates which should get you past the "Windows cannot verify the digital signatures for this device" issue.
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, Tim.  I spent about 2 hours trying to kick off Windows Update last night but I keep getting a message that says "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running.  You may need to restart your computer."  Still no luck after several restarts.  I'll keep at it unless you have another suggestion.
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Tim,  That did it.  The Troubleshooting process seemed to fix things.  I had 217 updates backed up.  It took a couple hours for the updates but all seems to be working well with DAX now.  Thanks again for your help.
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I may have spoken too soon.  Catching up on all the Windows 7 updates did, indeed, solve the DAX problem.  All that appears to be working now.  However, the update process has rendered my system so slow that it is almost impossible to use.  I am thinking of going back to my restore point and forgetting about DAX for now since I mainly do CW.  However, it would be nice to have it working.  Would it make sense for me to go back to the restore point and then install the hotfix KB3004394 that Dudley mentions above?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.