Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Mic_audio not installing or showing as device

Mike NN9DD
Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

When installing SMARTSDR 1.10.16 it is not installing DAX MIC Audio nor is the device listed under the device list.

I have uninstalled and installed several time.  I have removed the Ghosted Devices and I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled as well. 

I have followed al the steps and tips I could find, anyone ever had one this difficult and if so how did you resolve?

Mike N9DFD

Win 10

SmartSDR v 1.10.16

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I suggest you open a ticket with Flex given you have already tried the suggestions on the forum.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

There is one already submitted this morning.  It is my fathers 6300 that is acting up

Mike N9dfd

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    They may be short staffed with Hamvention.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

It's probably my Sub-IQ (no pun intended) that finds the DAX a convoluted confusion generator. I have had nothing but problems and have resorted to using the same virtual audio cable program I used on the 3000 and 5000. No problems at all.

Jim, K6QE

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

I have had very few problems and all have been easy fixes but this on has me stumped.

Mike

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    Is there a virus program or an Internet security suite running that might block the installation if the kernel mode driver?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Tried shutting down MCafee and the firewall as well no joy.  I have dealt with the ghosted ports in the past but I have not been able to tackle this one

• Tom--W4FAS
    Tom--W4FAS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I have the exact same problem as Mike, EXCEPT, DAX MIC Audio is listed and the Device status is " This device is working properly." However, the waterfall is totally blank even though the DAX Control Panel indicates the RX Stream is working.. Using the RX Gain Slide I can move the stream from 0-100. I can hear the PSK signal but the Waterfall remains blank and the signal is not being decoded.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.