Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX JT-65 Issues

Bill W2PKY
Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I usually have multiple JT-65 instances running each on a different slice. The problem is when switching to a different "TX" slice the radio drops does not recognize the new channel. Clicking on the JT-65 TUNE button for the new instance I see audio on the DAX panel going out on the new channel but the radio does not transmit. I am using VOX to trigger the transmitter. The fix is to click on the ATU or maybe TUNE button or sometimes the VOX button. Seems like almost any button on the radio control panel will reconnect the radio to the new DAX channel. Both slices are in DIGU mode.

I had this issue with 1.38 as well.

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Bill, thanks for the report -- I don't think we've seen this issue before so it's a new one for us.  I've entered it in our tracking system as #1791.  Thanks
  • Rob - AG6RK
    Rob - AG6RK Member
    edited March 2015
    I've been looking for a solution to assign each instance of JT65 to a specific slice for both RX and TX control but have not yet found anything that works. It would be nice to be able to have 4 bands monitored simultaneously on the 6500 and select a specific one for TX. 
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    In the JT65 program just pick the audio stream for the Dax channel assigned the slice you wish to monitor. I can run all 4 on different bands. Mike N9DFD
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I use the new v1.5 with a -rig-name [see manual] for each instance. Make 4 ICONS, For each ICON [right click] add a -rig-name=XXXX on the Target program name. Then use VOX to trigger the transmit function. If switching  slices I have to click on the ATU or TUNE button to get the radio to recognize the new DAX channel. Works like a charm. Usually have all 4 slices going and jump around bands to get a new country. Also monitor 6M for TE or Eskip.
    Hope this helps.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited October 2019
    The last time I did this, I found that I had to create a different directory for each instance also.  I wish I had the time to make a version of WSJT that would connect to our radio and let you select each band to watch and then have it set everything up in the API automatically.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The new version has named shared memory based on the -rig-name.
    So a single .EXE can have multiple instances. 
    The new development suite has all the details.
    I found 1.5 decodes more Q's on average than 1.3 or 1.4...
    1.5 is more CPU efficient as well.

Bill
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is exactly how mine is set up Mike N9DFD
  • Rob - AG6RK
    Rob - AG6RK Member
    edited March 2015
    HI Bill,

I've been using JT65-HF which does not have this capability.  I looked in the WSJT-X site but did not see ver. 1.5:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

Would you have a link to the 1.5 download page?

Rob - AG6RK
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Rob - AG6RK
    Rob - AG6RK Member
    edited March 2015
    That's a closed group but found one that is open for V1.0.18:

https://au.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HamApps/conversations/topics/7643

Rob - AG6RK

• Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited March 2015
    Or http://jt65-dx.com/download/wsjt-x.html
    where the latest version 1.6 is built for Windows... Not yet tried here!

73, Cedric HB9HFN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.