Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX JT-65 Issues

Options
Bill W2PKY
Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I run my radio continuously and notice that after a day or so the DAX audio signal has a static like sound along with the tones and the base line of the side bands are elevated on the panadapter. Simply stopping the DAX service with the Task Manager and restarting cures the problem. Before the DAX MON feature was available have seen the issue on the panadapter. Now the MONitor feature reveals the clicking/static sound along with the tones. 

Additionally, if all the the slice speakers are muted the DAX MON feature does not work. Although I love the tones, my wife can do without them most of the time. Have started doing silent receive on JT-65 but would like to still hear the transmitted tones.

Comments

• DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Related to this issue.  I use Skype to connect to my remote 6700... 1600 miles distant. Audio mostly sounds okay at the remote location, except when the DAX starts making noise, static, distortion.  The fix is easy, just turn off the DAX channel, and then turn it back on and then the audio is renewed.  This appears to be a DAX related problem, but could be Skype as well. However, I thought that the DAX post above is similar to the problem I have.

• Dave -- W7IWW
    Dave -- W7IWW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Doug -- I have noticed same Skype/DAX issue and resolve as you do with my 6700. Previously with Flex 5000A, I used Skype/VAC and had none of the issues mentioned. Therefore, have concluded it's probably related to DAX, and will be something that will get fixed in future software releases.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Same noise issue with DAX here after it's been on for 3 or 4 days with all the various programs I use. I have to shutdown DAX and then restart it so I know it's a DAX problem. I'm sure FLEX is working on this one. 73's WX7Y
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tim and other Flex'er staff please look into this.  Whether its JT-65 or Skype, DAX runs for a while (less than 1 hour in my case) and then fills with noise.  Turn off the channel and it corrects the problem once you turn it back on.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Check your DPC latency with LatencyMon (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon)

If you are experiencing long duration DPCs (>1000 uS) then I suspect there is DAX buffer corruption happening from overruns.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This is 3 DAX channels running. 
    One channel running everything is in the green
    I7 4790 4GHz 16 GiG memory
    No CPU throttling system 95% idle
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Bill
    I'm only posting these captures in case the comparison means anything.
    I ran LatencyMon, for a similar length of time on a similar processor and with the same amount of RAM. My system doesn't suffer any audio glitching with DAX. Knock on wood!!! image
    Jay - NO5J
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

I had similar DAX distortion problems after being on for a while in the older version but only on channel 1.

Not on 2 or 3. So I avoided 1.

No problems with the current version are apparent but I mostly use channel 2 now for long term connections rather than change it back to 1.

Give that a try.

Andrew VK5CV

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    A 5800 uS DPC is about 5x times longer than the max target.  The report attached points to a video card issue.  I would recommend that you update your video drivers as a first step.  And consider a motherboard BIOS update as a 2nd step.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Tim-

Did update the Video drivers with no improvement. Will look into BIOS next. Will be away for a week.

Thanks;

Bill

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Jay-

Thanks for providing this info. Hopefully I can find the problem with my system.

Will be on vacation for a week, so can not do any experiments for a while.

Bill W2PKY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.