Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX issues

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am at the point I am about to format this machine and start over. I dread the thought of getting everything setup again but I am getting tired of fighting DAX issues.

Whatever is going on is quite apparent using CwSkimmer.  The issue usually starts off as fuzzy signals and/or slow waterfall on CWS.  Rebooting rarely helps, I have killed every process on the PC that I don't need without much help.

When it works it works perfect. However when it doesn't there seems to be little I can do to improve it.  I have followed Flex's procedure on stripping off all the DAX components via an elevated command prompt which did not help either.

Here is a picture of two identical slices. This is where the problem starts.  As you can see the one on the left does not look as well and is not decoding as well.

Here is a video about 1 or 2 minutes later where it has slowed to a crawl.

https://vimeo.com/254196277/2ff7fae518

Looking for suggestions on things to try before wiping the machine and starting over.  My biggest fear is going to all the work and having the issue continue.

Hoping to have Version 2 (on a new radio) in the next week so if there is a chance that version 2 will fix it then I will wait.

Flex 6500 SSDR V1, Win 10. It's a fast I7 processor with SSD drive and 32 gig of ram is not being taxed.

Rich
kd0zv

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Rich,

I recommend you hold off formatting your machine until you install version 2.1.30. I've been running CWSkimmer version 2 for over 48 hours continuously without issue. Win 10, x64. 

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mack,  did you previously have any of the issues I am experiencing?

Thanks for your response.

Rich

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Rich,

As an Alpha tester my memory is a bit foggy because I generally have a new version to install every week. I do know that improvements have been made in DAX and 2.1.30 was just released last week which is working great.

Mack
    W4AX
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thank you Mack. 

That sounds like good enough reason to wait it out as you suggested.

Rich
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Please wait until you hear from Flex.  There are known problems in DAX that are being worked on.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yea, I am going to wait it out.

Thanks !

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, I have. Thanks for the link though.

When it works,it works well. But the DAX signal goes to pieces on occasion.

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.