Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax IQ via Smartlink

Mike NN9DD
Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
DAX IQ stream are not working for me on V2.4.9. I get the rest of the Dax process but not IQ to feed Skimmers.  

IT that by design or am I not doing something correctly?  Any thoughts Appreciated.

Mike
NN9DD

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Any ideas does anyone else experience this or better yet anyone else have it working Mike NN9DD
  • K3SF .
    K3SF . Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Mike

I think only DAX and NOT DAXIQ are supported in ssdr v 2.4.9 Smartlink DAX.  Although is not explicit enough in any FLEX writeup. However, most discussions about DAX via smartlink typically pointed to supporting DAX and not DAXIQ.

The support for DAX smartlink focused on minimizing network traffic and i believe DAXIQ would be quite a network data hog and would consume a lot of bandwidth.

I have been able to get smartlink DAX to work on FT8 modes. And some rtty copy too

Paul K3SF

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    That’s where I’m leaning as well. Everything else works great Documentation is vague so thought I’d ask Mike
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    At my end DAX IQ not working to.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'll cast my vote, for an official detailed explanation.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    You are correct -- DAX IQ will not work over SmartLink for now.  Something to keep in mind when/if we do enable it.  DAX IQ takes quite a bit of bandwidth.  48kHz would be 48,000 samples per second * 2 channels * 32 bits per sample = 3Mbps per DAX IQ channel.  For 192kHz, it would be 12Mbps per DAX IQ channel.
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    WOW I think you just gave me the answer I was looking for!
    Issue with DAXIQ on PC at client end of remote system. Local PC at remote site works perfect but at my home they done show up. Well just loaded a Windows 10 laptop and DAX IQ works on Smartlink but network shows yellow. It is streaming but dont have CW skimmer to look what is happening or not. Does tax the network so guess not usable but they did load where my two other PC’s they don’t show up at all! Still working it. Possible Window 10 update KB4462919 seems ok but KB 4462933 maybe not! Will back out 2933 and try again,
  • Andy
    Andy Member
    edited September 2019
    met the same problem, i updated to 2.6.0 
    problem has been solved. u can try

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.