Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax IQ stream lag in CW skimmer

I'm have a strange problem, lately I've noticed that using Dax 1 in CW skimmer I'm getting quiet a bit of lag, using Dax 2 and 3 I have no issues, My normal CW setup is slice A on the DX with DAX 1 feeding CW skimmer and slice b is using dax 2 to another instance of CW skimmer I'm using SDR bridge to tie them all together, So basically the Dax 1 skimmer window can either be really slow or laggy doesn't matter what rate I have it set at I tried all 3 If I swap to IQ3 on slice A it's perfect, I'm using a fairly new i5 quad core with 16gb of ram with a ssd so I don't think I'm running out of pc power never see much more that 50% CPU usage no matter how many programs I'm using, Would doing a clean install be an idea ?? Thanks Trevor EI2GLB

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Have you tried restarting DAX?  How about restarting the radio and DAX?  Usually restarting DAX fixes this for me.  Sometimes it takes rebooting the radio and even the computer.  If none of that works you might have bigger problems and an uninstall/re-install of all the DAX drivers could help.
  • John, G3WKL
    John, G3WKL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Trevor, if you haven't already done so have a look at community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cw-skimmer-problems . There may be something for you to try there. I'm still haven't found a cause / solution to my IQ2 CW Skimmer going slow. It's not just the speed but noise shows on the waterfall and there are no decodes on the IQ2 instance. 73 John, G3WKL
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    John I recently fought some issues where skimmer would not work with iq 2,3,or 4. I finally found where some of the DAX playback devices in Windows had been duplicated. Using the Flex scripts I did an uninstall of all DAX drivers. Then  I displayed the Windows playback devices again and selected each of the remaining DAX devices and did a right click/disable on each. Rebooted the PC and did a manual install of the DAX devices and all was well.

73's,
    Harry
    W0LS
  • John, G3WKL
    John, G3WKL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Harry,

Thanks for the update.  I've not seen the duplication of DAX playback devices and curiously, the problem of slow/noisy waterfall and no decodes has gone away....

I don't like these intermittent things!

73 John, G3WKL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.