Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX IQ Error after Win 10 upgrade

Tim VE6SH
Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
The computer at my remote site did the major Win 10 upgrade last month. I realize the upgrade was pulled by MS, but regardless it happened even though I had alto upgrade turned off. The only issue I can see is with my DAX drivers as shown in the picture. I have tried a total uninstall of SDR per the Flex tutorial, but I still get the bad install of the DAX IQ drivers. I seem to recall Dan at a Flex had a fix for this some months back after another Win upgrade. Is it as simple as editing the names of the misdescribed IQ divers? 73 Tim VE6SH image

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tim

Yep.

I've been fixing the mangled IQ device names successfully, that's between 90% - 100% of the fix. Describing exactly how, and what to do in a community post, is above my paygrade though.

Once you've seen it done though it's pretty simple.

I can demonstrate how it's done in a Team Viewer session, and then let you do the editing. or do it for you, (your choice). To set up the Team Viewer session I can be found in the #Flexradio IRC channel. Use your callsign for your IRC nickname, when prompted, To connect just click the #Flexradio link in my post signature below.

I'll be visible in the channel, and if I'm at the keyboard you will get quick responses from me. However if I'm not in the shack when you join, you'll need to hang out in the channel or rejoin it periodically until you get a response.

So drop by if you need any help with the fix.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thank you Jay. I may take you up on this if I run into problems. Reinaldo YV5AM steered me to the right link. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/most-common-fix-for-dax-driver-errors-in-windows-spring-update-1803-you-can-do-this Will give you a shout if I cannot make it work. 73 Tim
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm considering getting a computer specifically for my home flex that is not allowed to access the internet. The true solution to Windows 10 and it's acting like a virus. I have a couple air-gapped networks where W10 works pretty well.

Note everyone that the latest W10 update, aside from thinking it needs to rename your drivers, actually deletes files from some folks computers. 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Michael 
    That current version you just referred to, was deleted from the updates when they discovered that, several weeks back. So staying fully updated is now safe. If anything about Windows 10 can be considered safe.

However, The current update does have the DAX IQ device name Mangling Bug, so we learn how to work around a bug in MS Windows, like we always have.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

SDRgadgets

Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Tim 
    Yes, that's the correct link, I will bookmark it now, thanks for finding it.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

SDRgadgets

Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jay. I corrected the names as instructed in the link, but have now ended up with duplicates of DAX IQ 1, 2,3 and 4 in Device Manager. I suspect the duplicates have to be renamed as “ Reserved” devices. Do I rename the DAX IQ devices as reserved in Sound Manager under playback or recording tabs?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Tim 
    You will need to rename any/all of them that are misnamed. I was hoping to explain how to figure out which are the misnamed ones in the #Flexradio IRC Channel. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

SDRgadgets

Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.