Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dax drivers

Thurman Roberson
Thurman Roberson Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Windows update killed dax drivers uninstall and re-install 3 times now with no success any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thuman, create a helpdesk ticket and I will contact you next week.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    What fixed the problem for me is uninstalling all the Flex software, and then going in to Device Manager, and selecting the view "show hidden devices" … and deleting the remaining DAX devices under Audio inputs and outputs.   Then I was able to successfully reinstall and get everything working again.   I know your frustration well... this latest Windows update was a real killer!
  • Thurman Roberson
    Thurman Roberson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Well i did that and still got the same problem i guess I'll wait until next week when Neal gets to the office
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I had similar issues and reinstalling SmartSDR was my cure. But I had to manually remove the files under user/me/app data/roaming/FlexRadio Systems/*.* In less than 15 I was good.
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thurman,  I am not sure if it makes a big difference or not,  but since you have the weekend to try it, I thought I  would pass this note along to you.  One user on a previous thread had recommended using Revo Uninstaller, so I installed that program, and then re-installed Flex software so it could track all the Windows registry adds.   Then I used Revo to completely uninstall anything Flex, … including the removal of all Registry items.  And then i also manually removed remaining DAX items as I mentioned to you earlier.   Maybe this makes a difference??  Cant hurt to give it a try.    Mine crashed terribly.. wouldn't even connect anymore.   I asked Flex for help, and Neal had me bypass my Router and connect my 6700 directly to my pc.  That got me connected again, and after getting it running again direct, I was then able to connect back through my router.    I have everything working perfectly now, but this Windows issue made my radio act like it was hit by lightning.  You have to love Microsoft :)
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I had the same issue.  Uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, I could do it with my eyes closed, including the hidden ports in device manager.
    I ended up trying IObit Uninstaller as someone else on here had suggested in another thread. IObit finds and allows deletion of all hidden files, which I allowed the program to do.  After that, DAX worked fine.  I did however, then have problems with DDutil loading.  After uninstalled DDU and reinstalling ( I had to add all data/ports etc back into the setup window, so make a copy!), everything was fine.
    Good luck.  IObit is a free, trial basis program, so you can use it and then delete it.
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Use one of the complete power uninstallers before anything else and works as noted here by others.  I use IO/Bit Uninstaller and allow it to clean everything!
    .  Running 1803 Pro 10 upgrade without issue.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I had to revert to the previous version which was 1709 then uninstall everything from Flex as per Tim's directions (see above) then update to 1803 and reinstall everything from Flex.
  • Paul Sokoloff
    Paul Sokoloff Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Tried some of the above suggestions.  Uninstalled smartSDR, deleted DAX drivers, reinstalled.  Names were bad so I renamed as suggested by one member.  Rebooted and names were still correct.  Still doesn't work with WSJT-X.  Very dissappointing!  SmartSDR is advertised as working with windows 10.  You need to fix it so it does.  New revision that works!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.