Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Block Diagram

AA0KM
AA0KM Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas

Anybody with drawing capability of some simple use scenarios of Dax audio chains in and out would be most helpful to all users. 

Just some simple block diagrams in and out of the audio chains.

Maybe using the various software using dax audio chains.

If someone would create these is would be most helpful.

I might have missed some along the way if they are here in the forums.

I am not good at drawing.

73 Jeff

Comments

• KD3VK Ken
    KD3VK Ken Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm with you Jeff. This is one of those aspects of the new radio/computer technology that escapes me without a drawing to look at. Hopefully one of these great folks on this forum can explain this in a diagram so I can understand it too.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You mean like this?  Here is my setup using RMS Express (Winmor TNC). 
    Because of the network layer, the CAT and DAX applications can be running on any PC on the same network, or the same PC where SmartSDR is running.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

More just  like that. Thanks. Looks good.

In the old day's of physical cables it was easier to see the in and out path. :)~

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Here are pics of SmartSDR Slice B (running on one laptop), and CAT, DAX and Winmor panels running on a different laptop).

SmartSDR Slice B - note DAX Channel 2 is set, and DIGU mode.

DAX Channel 2 on Slice B - note the activity on the level meter.

Winmor TNC audio mapped to DAX Channel 2 for receive and TX for transmit,

CAT set for COM5 (I had to move CAT to COM5 because the serial port driver for my Kenwood TH-D72A only liked COM4 and I hadn't run RMS Express since installing it). Note the "Slice: B" also.

Winmor Radio Setup for CAT and PTT. Note the mode set to "USB Digital" and the "PTT Port" set to Flex.

• Luis del MOlino
    Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Using Winmor with RMS Express and I see that persistence of the antenna is not mantained when  frequency changes through RMS Express with CAT. Always appears the last antenna used and do not changes to the right antenna for this band. . 
    This cmplain was repported by me more than a year ago and I see it is still working badly on SmartSDR. 
    Luis EA3OG
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Luis, that very well may be the case. I will try it and see. Regardless, that issue deserves a new topic. This topic is about DAX and CAT and not so much about RMS Express specifically. It was to illustrate the "plumbing" of virtual cables. Please don't change the subject.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Luis, I setup RMS Express (current version 1.3.13.1 I believe) to use a specific antenna in the WINMOR Radio setup dialog and it doesn't matter which I choose, it never changes in SmartSDR to what I selected. Is this what you are seeing too?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.