Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Audio TX

K5CG
K5CG Member ✭✭
With SSDR 2.4.9, how to you set audio levels on different slices for applications that do not have a native output level.

Example: fldigi on slice A, Winlink Express (WINMOR modem) on slice B. Neither of these applications have an output level control. Both must use the same DAX Audio TX stream to transmit. fldigi outputs slightly more audio than Winlink Express and the DAX Audio TX level does not track the level setting per slice.

Is there a virtual mixer application that can be inserted between the apps and the DAX Audio TX channel to adjust levels?

What solutions are out there?

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It has been a while since I ran FLDigi, but I remember a set of arrows on the bottom of the main operation screen that can control the audio output level. It seems that there was a set of << >> for large changes and a set of < > for smaller changes. I don’t know about Winlink express. I would suggest setting up DAX TX Audio with Winlink, then switch to FLDigi and adjust its power output using the arrows until both are properly set. Ken - NM9P
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Ken, I think that will level fldigi with another application but I still think there ought to be a virtual mixer/leveling solution for apps that aren't adjustable at all (without having to take the audio out of the pc to mix/level and bring it back in).
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You might want to play around with VoiceMeeter Banana.  I have used it with other radios but never tried it with DAX.  It is free.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    In the Winmor Winlink session>settings>WInmor TNC setup you can adjust the 'drive level'
    AL, K0VM
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Al!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.