DAX Audio TX

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
With SSDR 2.4.9, how to you set audio levels on different slices for applications that do not have a native output level.

Example: fldigi on slice A, Winlink Express (WINMOR modem) on slice B. Neither of these applications have an output level control. Both must use the same DAX Audio TX stream to transmit. fldigi outputs slightly more audio than Winlink Express and the DAX Audio TX level does not track the level setting per slice.

Is there a virtual mixer application that can be inserted between the apps and the DAX Audio TX channel to adjust levels?

What solutions are out there?
Photo of Danny K5CG

Danny K5CG

• 394 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P

• 4239 Posts
  • 1352 Reply Likes
It has been a while since I ran FLDigi, but I remember a set of arrows on the bottom of the main operation screen that can control the audio output level. It seems that there was a set of << >> for large changes and a set
of < > for smaller changes.

I don’t know about Winlink express. I would suggest setting up DAX TX Audio with Winlink, then switch to FLDigi and adjust its power output using the arrows until both are properly set.

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Danny K5CG

Danny K5CG

• 394 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Thanks Ken, I think that will level fldigi with another application but I still think there ought to be a virtual mixer/leveling solution for apps that aren't adjustable at all (without having to take the audio out of the pc to mix/level and bring it back in).
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 384 Posts
  • 129 Reply Likes
You might want to play around with VoiceMeeter Banana.  I have used it with other radios but never tried it with DAX.  It is free.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 616 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
In the Winmor Winlink session>settings>WInmor TNC setup you can adjust the 'drive level'
AL, K0VM
Photo of Danny K5CG

Danny K5CG

• 394 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Thanks Al!