Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Audio-again

W9ILY
W9ILY Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using SmartSDR 2.3.9.112 with my 6500. I encountered a DAX driver error and did several uninstall/install routines along with having to correct the mangled names of several sound settings. Now I have audio from my 6500 appearing in addition to my Windows sounds from my onboard PC audio card. Here is how things look now:imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Nothing seems to remove the 6500 audio from the PC speakers. Ideas?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is "PC Audio" on the right end of the Panadapter menu bar selected? This will cause audio to come through the Windows default playback device, which as shown above is Speakers. Deselect it and the audio on the PC speakers will stop.

• W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    No definitely not selected. I hear DAX thru my phones normally and when “PC audio “ is pressed the audio thru the phones stops, as expected. It’s something else.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Enter a Help Desk ticket. They can bring up Team Viewer that you have to install on your computer and will be able to quickly figure it out. They helped me quickly and effectively.

Bill W9JJB
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This should be disregarded as the problem has been corrected. I deduced that the problem was with a Win10 registry issue where settings were changed during the uninstall and reinstall of the DAX drivers. I restored WIN10 to a previous date prior to when the audio corruption happened and all is OK now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.