Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and VOX simultaneously not work

EA4AYW
EA4AYW Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello everyone and sorry for my English if not entiend well.

I'm using a 6300 with latest version smartsdr recent.
I tried using the vox and both the dax to make repetitive calls Dx and do not work simultanemanete me.
If I have activated the dax vox does not work.
and if I want to use the vox I have the dax disabled.
I do not understand why you can not use both at once.
it is the most logical when doing dx and calling repeatedly on one frequency.
This is a failure, or that you can not do for some internal reason for the programming of smartsdr.

I would like if possible to use both things simultaneously.

I await the response.
Thank you.

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    In the past, I have found that you can not have VOX and DAX turned on and have them work.  You would either use VOX for voice activated keying of the transmitter or DAX to use a digital based program to key the radio, but they will not work if both turned on.  

I assume it's the same today.  Never tried it since I know it wouldn't work from experience.  However what I would like to see if VOX to be tied to a particular slice and DAX tied to a second slice.  So that if I needed to send a message (digital) I would just hit send and the radio would key and transmit the message on slice B while I wait on slice A.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I do recall definitely having both apparently working at the same time. I was setting up the original **** program (by IZ8BLY) and could just not get PTT to work. I enabled VOX and did get it to work. I also have VOX and DAX buttons blue at the same time. Can you both be more specific about what you mean by 'not working'?

Happy to run any tests for you both here if you can give detailed steps. Also, please let me know what program you are trying to use as the one I mentioned is the only digi program I have come across where I cannot get PTT to work.
  • EA4AYW
    EA4AYW Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello again.
    I do not understand what should be the problem so that these functions can not be active at a time.
    It is logical that you can have software Log which has functions of automatic caller, and that in turn when you stop calling with automatic caller can talk into the microphone through the vox without pressing the PTT, as it you supposed to be in a contest, and having to write on the computer quickly the callsign of the other station.

Competition is the most common use vox and keep your hands on the keyboard to record the seasons.
    and in turn have an automatic caller to the auto CQ.

I do not understand that Flex does not allow this function.

The lords of Flex please consider this change for future revisions.
    or give another alternative.

Thank you.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker (defect #3622) for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • EA4AYW
    EA4AYW Member
    edited May 2020
    thanks.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I know that it is possible, when running SO2R/V mode with N1MM+, to have the voice keyer running via DAX TX and the VOX active on the Mike.  I just did it this past weekend.  There seems to be some switching logic in the interface between SSDR and N1MM+ that automatically manages the DAX setting depending upon whether TX is activated via the voice keyer or the VOX/mike.

In other than contest operation, I have not had success.  But I have not tried extensively since before V.1.6 was released.  In previous versions, before the major changes in DAX, it was not possible for fear that VOX would key up and send all manner of digital stuff over a voice frequency, or send a voice signal over a digital frequency.  

I will try  to play around some tonight....

Has anyone else gotten VOX to work while DAX button was active?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.