Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and CAT With Two Radios

Dan Ellerington VE6XH
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Suppose there are two radios and one PC: one radio is connected to SmartSDR running on the PC and the other radio is connected to a Maestro console. How would the Maestro-connected radio communicate with applications running on the PC? For example, assuming there are no channel number conflicts, would the Maestro-connected radio still be able to stream audio over DAX? What about CAT control?

Dan, VE6XH

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    CAT has a chooser. So you can choose which radio is connected to CAT. I believe you can also use filter.txt files for DAX. https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202549169-How-to-prevent-multiple-FLEX-6000s-from-showing-up-in-the-Chooser?mobile_site=true I wish there was a better solution at the present time.
  • Dan Ellerington VE6XH
    edited November 2019

I see the SmartSDR CAT chooser. Until now, I didn't know it had one. Of course, that means one radio or the other, not both, which is what I suspected. I guess one could use a direct USB connection from the second radio for keying and frequency control, etc?

I'm not seeing a chooser for DAX. What little information I can find about filter.txt seems to suggest it just filters the list of available radios. It's not clear if it allows two radios to connect. I guess one could use the Line Out and Line In ports on the Maestro to send/receive audio. I don't see it in the Maestro user guide, but I'm guessing Line Out would be an option where one would normally select a DAX RX channel?

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Like I said - nothing out of the box at present. That said, I know N4PY had a custom solution for Nate, N4YDU to use two radios with N1MM. So maybe he has something in the pipeline.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.