Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and CAT applications now available for macOS

Comments

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I will look at it again tonight but I was getting no audio feed when I would click on DAX 1 or 2.  Also, the CAT program shows the wrong voltage now.  DDUTIL was also showing the incorrect voltage until I updated to the newest version that came out right after V2.
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Mike and Paul,

I could not find your email addresses on qrz.com.. Can you please send me an email at dl3lsm(at)googlemail.com.. There might be something to play/test for you.. :-)

73, Mario DL3LSM
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Pretty good! I actually set it up on my work iMac as my MBP is so old and slow...
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mario,
    The last version worked well but I can't get 0.8.1 to connect with version 2.
    Radio is found but "no slice present".
    Andrew VK5CV

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Not Sure if this is your operational configuration

First ...
    When in Remote over the internet DAX is not support by SSDR. FRS was concerned about b/w consumption and excluded DAX from current V2.

as a result xDAX v0.8.1 has nothing to connect to.

Paul K3SF

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Andrew,

xCAT (and xDAX) can't open a slice on its own. It can connect but you need a running GUI client like SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for iOS, dogparkSDR or Maestro to open a slice. I think that's what you are seeing..

And as Paul mentioned below both applications do not support SmartLink at the moment. But if you are operating remote you would not be able to connect at all..

Hope this helps..

73, Mario DL3LSM
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Mario,
    Slice A is open in Maestro on LAN.
    Not remote.
    DAX and CAT for windows can connect.
    Is there a minimum OSX version? As said the last one was fine before V2.
    Andrew VK5CV
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Andrew,

this is strange as you're the first one reporting this behavior and there are quite a few people using the apps with V2.. Which app is affected xDAX, xCAT or both?? Minimum macOS version for both apps is 10.10 (Yosemite).

Best is we look at it together using direct email communication. Please send me an email to dl3lsm(at)googlemail.com. It would be helpful if you could send a screenshot showing the problem with this mail. I'll be in hospital from tomorrow for a few days but should be back Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Mario,
    Its Yosemite 10.10.5
    Sorry to hear that you will be out of circulation.
    Will email more info.
    Andrew VK5CV

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mario,
    No need to worry.
    After a few days of sleep for the MacBook and radio it is all working now.
    Must have been some transient network issue.
    All the best.
    Andrew VK5CV

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi all,

there are now new versions of xDAX and xCAT (both version 0.9) available. xDAX has IQ streams now and xCAT supports the Spectrum Display commands. There is also a simple Spectrum Display application (xmlScope) which uses this data.

For more information see here: http://dl3lsm.blogspot.de/

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Hi Mario

I read the instructions and updated to the new versions but I can't seem to get xDax to work.  xCAT seems to work but when I select a DAX channel, it says streaming but no audio comes through.  I am also using Loopback.  Everything was working fine on the last version.  Maybe I am missing something?

Burch

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi Burch,

hard to say from a distance.. :-) But it should work as there were no changes in this part of the code.

One thing: by deleting all the user defaults as requested all the assigned sound devices for the channels were reset to default values. You have to set them again for each channel. The menu is more hidden now:

If the channel is set to the correct virtual device audio should come to your application.

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I did select Loopback Audio from the sound device.  When I select DAX 1, it says streaming like shown above but no green indicator showing audio.  I was using the old version of DAX earlier this morning with no issues. 
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi Burch,

could you send me a screenshot of xDAX to my googlemail address. I think it's easier to figure out via email.

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Done
  • Mike - ZL1MRC
    Mike - ZL1MRC Member
    edited October 2017
    Hello, I also got the same error.  At first I was not getting any activity in the xDAX Slice meters.  I found a work around.  First was to disable all loopback ports.  Start xDAX, then enable loopback ports.  Shutdown xDAX and restart.  
    After that I found that you need to (xDAX) disable Slice A, B and TX.   Enable Slice B, then A, then TX.  Repeat this several times, always make sure that TX is last.
    If you still have an issue with only receiving one xDAX streams, then you need to keep deselecting and enabling the Slice thats not working.  It can take up to five times.
    Once its working you won't have any more issues until you restart xDAX.

73 de Mike ZL1MRC
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Interesting. Everything, including I/Q streaming is working perfectly here. High Sierra OS. Did you allow the application to accept network connections? Are the same channels selected in the GUI application and xDAX?
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I reverted back to version 0.8.1 and everything is working fine.  When I upgraded to version .9, if I selected a dax channel in Dogpark and then clicked on the corresponding xDAX channel, it would say streaming but no audio would come through (no green meter). Once I deleted the defaults and went back to version .8.1, things worked as they should.

Burch
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi there,

some users made me aware that there is a bug in xDAX 0.9 which prevented streaming if the audio stream was the second (or third, ...) stream requested from the radio. 

This bug is fixed in the latest xDAX version 0.9.1 (available on my Blog: http://dl3lsm.blogspot.de/) so please use this version if you want to use more than one RX audio stream.

Thanks to Mike (ZL1MRC) and Burch Akin for their help in finding this.

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you so much for writing this great software.  I love being able to use DogparkSDR with xDAX and xCAT working FT8 on my Mac.

Burch
    K4QXX
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi there,

as the new radio models are shipping I tried to anticipate what changes are needed to make xCAT and xDAX usable with these models (FLEX-6400(M), FLEX-6600(M)). As I don't have one of these models and I don't know someone who has and is a Mac user tI could not test these changes.

So if you are using one of the existing models there is no need to change but if you've got one of the new models it is worth a try (and please report your success/failure to me per Email). As there are no real changes I have also not updated the documentation (there is a major change in the works).

There were some reports in the community that existing versions of WSJT-X (on Windows) would not work with the new models. I guess this will be the case on macOS as well as the Hamlib version used in WSJT-X 1.8.0 does not recognize the IDs of the new models. In xCAT you can work around this if you set "Mask Flex-6300" in the "Setup" menu. With this your Flex will id as a FLEX-6500 to an asking CAT client application.

The new versions are as always available on my Blog: http://dl3lsm.blogspot.de/

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Kevin WM4J
    Kevin WM4J Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mario,

I'm using xCAT and xDAX with my 6400M / DPSDR and it works as expected with Fldigi and WSJT-X. Like you mentioned in your post I did require the "Mask Flex-6300" setting for WSJT-X.

Thanks,

Kevin (WM4J)
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mario - same good results here. Running on a 6600 without difficulty, both xDAX and xCAT. Nice work!
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Great, thanks for the feedback!

73, Mario DL3LSM
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Hi Mario,

I have recompiled the Windows version of WSJT-X to include the updated changes to Hamlib which supports the new models as well as 6300, 6500, 6700.

Maybe someone familiar with compiling for the Mac can do the same? As long as they pull the latest version of Hamlib it should work.

The new version of WSJT-X which includes DXPedition mode will be out in the near future and should include these Hamlib changes.

Dave wo2x

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Dave,

yes, I have seen that you recompiled WSJT-X.. As I don't have (and want) a Qt environment on my Macs it's unfortunately not possible for me to recompile. But the "Mask 6300" option works well as it just changes the ID response to WSJT-X to the ID of an 6500. Internally xCAT knows what radio it is connected to. So it's a simple workaround until the new version is released.

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Excellent! No need for modified version of WSJT-X 1.8.0

Dave wo2x
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi there,

this post should have come 3 months ago but a long unplanned stay in hospital and the following regeneration delayed this release.

There are new versions of my apps available. The main addition to the apps is that they now support remote operation via SmartLink.

There are minor bug fixes as well but I did not keep a change log.

You can find the details about how to use SmartLink in the updated documentation.

The new versions are as always available on my Blog: https://dl3lsm.blogspot.de/

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.