Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Darrin does it again in v2.8.0.54

John
John Member ✭✭
Darrin has pulled another rabbit out of his hat with the latest version 2.8.0.54 with a visual swr indication of one's antenna across the top of the panadapter screen. Its located in the scanner menu and remember to tick the "display swr plot" box oh and also remember to disable the auto tuner both internally and externally. The plot shows you where you can safely operate across the whole band as frequecy dictated in the scanner window.
Well done Darrin, what an inspiration to all of us and please consider donating to him via his website to show our appreciation for his time and work to the flex community. If anyone deserves an ARRL award, its him.

Comments

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    For those of us not in the know, who is Darrin and where is his web site?? Tnx, AH0U
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    yes! who is Darrin and what is the product?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Darrin is the individual who has the Power SDR program for the flex 3000 series radio's
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Darrin KE9NS has updated the flex radio software which comes with the transceiver to v 2.8.0.54 ( current version ). His website is found by searching for his callsign or for the purists try here
    http://ke9ns.com/
    He has added many new features to the original 2.7 software making the flex 1500, 3000 and 5000 sort after transceivers, despite production having stopped. He is giving these older transceivers a new lease on life.
  • JDE
    JDE Member
    edited October 2017
    To add to that, I'd assert that through his work on updating PSDR, is the proverbial god-like individual that gave new life to a set of transceivers (like the 3000) - that was written off for End Of Life.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Hey Flex . . . Have you thought about hiring Darren as he is **** good at what he does. He can work right from home
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Darrin  KE9NS has taken on the project of updating PSDR , an old Flex software. He has added many new features to PSDR. Flex is fully supporting Darrin and are helping him when they can.
    Flex has stopped doing what Darrin is doing now, and created a newer software for the 6000 radios. The new software is called Smart SDR,  It has opened up many new possibilities were PSDR could not be made to do so.

For those asking who Darrin is and what he does..

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think he got an award from Flex this year at Dayton as well, if I am not mistaken. 
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm glad I kept my Flex-3000. Thank you, Darrin!
    DH2ID's deputy operator Björn at the keys.
  • Richard Line
    Richard Line Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Darrin's download helped me to enjoy my 1500 and 3000 all over again.
    I did donate to him, he could be charging us !

Rich KC8HMJ
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Keep looking for an excuse to get a newer SDR than my 3000. Then Darrin puts things into PowerSDR that I cant live without and is not available in other SDR software. Guess I will stick with my 3000 tile firewire dies.

• Richard Line
    Richard Line Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Darrin has made me re-appreciate my orphaned by Flex, my 1500 and 3000 !!

Rich KC8HMJ         

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.