Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

D-STAR GMSK Modem with Flex-3000 issues

Jim - K6JM
Jim - K6JM Member
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm planning to use a GMKS Modem with my Flex-3000 so I can transmit and receive D-STAR digital voice on HF (in conjunction with GMSKClient and a DV Dongle). With most analog radios, we connect the modem to a 9600 baud packet data connector, because it's important that we get RX audio directly from the discriminator, and send TX audio directly to the modulator, without any filtering or audio processing. I can see it will be easy to build a cable to connect the modem to the FlexWire connector and the PTT connector. I can probably configure PowerSDR to use audio input and output from the FlexWire interface, and set audio levels with the PowerSDR Mixer. I assume I'll need to turn off Compression and Equalization, though I read COMP may be needed to get sufficient audio. We'll see. Is that it? GMSK audio uses very low audio frequencies, hence the need not to have any filtering in the path. Will I need to make any other configuration changes to make this work?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.