Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

D-Star Transmit Issue

2»

Comments

• Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ditto Greg et al. Still waiting!!!!!!

Tim, you said six months ago "We are aware of all the D-Star issues and the defect is in a scheduled milestone to be addressed."

What is the scheduled milestone and when?

Ron W5RKN

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Daily bump, when will these things get fixed?????????????????????????????????????
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sorry guys I am not letting this go...three problems all that need to be addressed not just the D Star but the NB and ANF as well....
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Please do not feel sorry.  Add to the list the "all mode" squelch that was asked for 5 years ago???
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Peter,

A search on the forum will yield many threads where these and other fixes are requested often. In some cases the threads follow a very familiar pattern were some very vocal "defenders" of FRS will tell you that it is what it is, that NB and ANF work great as they are, and the thread will become an futile exercise for the original poster to make his-her point, leading, sometimes, to heated exchanges that will ultimately result in the closure of the thread.

While I applaud your passion to get the issues addressed, I am afraid to say it is futile.... FRS will not tell us any future plans, when or if any of the issues will be fixed and you will either end up frustrated, upset or reach the final stage which is indifference.

I personally look at my flex gear and enjoy it for it can do today, with all its limitations-bugs, not expecting any improvements any time soon. Long ago I learnt not to get excited for what it could potentially do. I purchased a 6700 with GPSDO because I looked forward to a time when Diversity Reception will work like it did on the 5000 or that the GPSDO could be used to sync several radios at different geographical locations. 4 to 5 years ago this forum was full of ideas and it was exciting to think of the future. The future arrived and it is pretty boring and most of those "exciting" threads do not pop-up anymore, just to be replaced by a first layer of tech support from experienced users to novice users.

Good luck with your pursuit and enjoy ham radio, as it is a hobby to be enjoyed. I will try to bump your thread as well if I am browsing around the forum.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Keep hoping that fixes and enhancements will happen faster some day but for now... https://youtu.be/AyenRCJ_4Ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I’m not giving up. Later today I’m going to begin posting on as many other boards as possible
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Peter,
    You are welcome to join the forum at Groups.io and post.  It is open to anyone interested.   There are 800+ members, we started it back before the community was created, it is user operated and not affiliated with FRS. 

https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well, we're not pushing here for new features, that is an entirely different debate.

What is insisted upon here is FIXING foundational problems.  Noise Blanker, Automatic notch filter and D Star.

If I don't hear from Flex that these issues are to be addressed forthwith, then I"m going to post on every board I can find on the net. 

The brand of Flex is like virginity, you can only lose it one time.  I hope this will resonate and productive fixes to these fundamental problems follow.

Peter

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    And if they don't?
    And how long would you suggest is a good time after your threat.
  • Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I, too, am not happy withe the delay in fixes for these problems, but I don't have access to to the competitive situation, the resources available to fix problems, and the need to "keep up with marketplace." But I do know the officers of FlexRadio do have this knowledge and only want to do the best they can with the resources they have and the pressures of the marketplace.

But "going to post on every board I can find on the net" would be very low on my scale of productive pressures.

Ron W5RKN
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Collaboration to date isn’t getting it done. Threat, no promise
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I, like W2PP, am not happy about the delay we are experiencing with these issues.  What is the answer??  Well I guess the  answer is not to buy again.  While Flex has done many things right , and buy all testimonials is a better than average company, they still need to fix these things.  What to do???  Besides not buying again???  I am at a loss for suggestions.  As has been said before, it is absolutely ridiculous that these things have been waiting to get fixed for three, four even five years.  Guess I am going to have to go back to church and start praying.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I guess what i'm saying is,,the Flex is not perfect and yes it misses a few things that I wish we had as well. but as I look at the hole package I really can't find anything I would rather own at this time. Nothing...

I remember when we were using PSDR from the biggining it was 4 or five years before we got some really basic features, but because there was nothing on the market like it, know one knew any different, so we waited. Flex brought SDR to ham radio in the first place. But now we have PSDR to compare to. SSDR is not really behind or ahead, but when we compare it with PSDR that was around 10 years in progress we think SSDR is to slow to improve. But it is on course.

This strong arm tactic of threats is not the way to get anything done. Flex has a plan and they have always held the course. We should have an update in the fall some time, I wonder what will be in it?  And no it may still not have the things your are wanting.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I’m not backing down 3 or 4 years without action is unacceptable. Collaboration as I said isn’t getting it done The word threat is badly misplaced. This situation requires escalating pressure and public awareness. When dollars are finally at stake action will follows
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The word threat is just what it is. you said either you hear from Flex and they do something or you plan to go to any board you can find to tell everyone that will listen to you that Flex is not doing as you want and when.

You still don't get it. Flex is on a path, following plans. They make choises as to what they do for the next release.

There is nothing you can do to change that, sorry.
    Escalating pressure?  It does not work that way.

As you have noticed, Flex has not closed you down or deleted your comments as I said. Here on this community you are doing nothing wrong, just saying some of your opinions.

Again I say, what if they do not work on these things for some time yet,,then what?

I vote that Flex stays the course.....
    I don't do D- Star...
    The NB is just ok, I can live with it for now.
    Notch filter works good here...
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This is not a fraternity. This is not a vote. FRS is a business meant to make a profit selling sla product. Again the word threat is a word issued by those with no leverage. Promises aren’t. If my postings are so ineffectual that nothing happens their are other venues. I put up venture capital for FRS on the PGXL too. I have an interest in their success. Just because a company made a good product does not insure success. Kodak did too Companies are dependent on the senior leadership making sound directional decisions. FRS has made a few missteps. My response them is holding the senior leadership accountable for those missteps. I’m not going away and hope FRS will respond appropriately to this modest pressure. If FRS does not respond to this modest pressure their are other areas that can be engaged. It’s just business. When it becomes cost effective to address these issues FRS will. I am committed to stimulating the senior leadership to correct their semi imperfect decisions
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    To me you are just boring and probably, my guess, won't be very successful in your campaign against Flex and it's Senior management.

I think you have forgotten one thing as well. Flex is an HF transceiver, I know my 6700 has some limited 2m capacity. But to me, and i guess for most Flex users, it's a HF transceiver. Anything more than that, is just a bonus.

I vote to let the D-Star functionallity stay way down the list. Let priority stay on HF and remote use related issues.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Johan:
        I respect and read all your responses.  When someone begins to trail towards penalization they've run out their thread.  No one expects a response, its cool.  You've made you points well, I don't agree.  My course is set, I hope FRS will respond at this level but if not I have the resources to go the yard and am committed to doing so.  Thanks for your observations in any case.
    Peter

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    W2PP, as all have seen your thinking is off.
    You claim to have a vested interest in Flex sucess but very willing to call out Gerald in public in order to make Flex look bad. Something wrong with your thinking. 

Because of this I am not going to help keep this thread alive by saying anything more, I ask that others do the same.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So accountability at FRS applies to whom? I guess the answer to my request from FRS has been answered. I’ll go up several levels then. Expect to spend some money over the next few months then. You made a mistake again and missed an opportunity
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    W2PP

Flexradio hasn't responded to you in this thread, only other Flexradio Customers have, they have the same right to respond that you have. 

Responsibility?

For which problem, the DSTAR problem thread you've hijacked needs work done on the 3rd party DSTAR plugin, Who created that plugin? I bet nobodies contacted them. The plugins source code isn't open source, which was the creator's choice, so a fix will require another 3rd party to start from scratch on a new DSTAR plugin. Flexradio opened the SmartSDR Waveform API, for 3rd parties to develop software plugins, themselves, without Flexradio needing to commit any of their own resources. 

You may not be communicating with the correct people. I suspect your beginning to annoy the wrong people. The right people could fix the DSTAR problem. Finding those people might be a more productive activity. 

Wanting something fixed, and getting something fixed are 2 different things. 

But do what you want, like the rest of us do.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bill works for FRS. FRS sold the Dongle. Guys I’m moving to a formal interaction with FRS. Gloves are off Collaboration has its limits and Bill shut the door Just business at this point
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Bill
    When did Flexradio start paying you?

W2PP what makes you think Bill is an employee?

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.