Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

D-Star and XIT

Bob N7ZO
Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was listening to a DXpedition tonight on USB split with XIT set to +5kHz (in case he ever got strong enough to work.)  Then I remembered the D-Star HF net was on tonight.  So I QSY'd, changed mode to DSTR, and then noticed my XIT was still set to +5kHz and could not set it back to zero because the RIT/XIT settings panel had disappeared.

This was on 20 meters.  On the panel where RIT and XIT should be were the settings for CTCSS, +-offsets, etc.  Useful on UHF and VHF, but not so much on HF.

73, Bob, N7ZO

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Bob - we have an option in PowerSDR that allows the user to turn off and clear X/RIT on mode changes.  Sounds like this would have helped, so I have added it to our bug tracker for consideration in a future release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.