Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX Operation

Terry K8EET
Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in New Ideas
This seems kind of petty when I think about my first days in ham radio when I had to throw two switches and turn down my receiver rf gain to go from receive to transmit.

Having said that, if I'm in receive mode in a QSO and I move my mouse to adjust frequency, band width or make an entry in my log, I have to remember to hit the send button to begin sending again (this is when using  the keyboard) It would be nice to just hit the keyboard space bar. I can't tell you how many times I've had my fingers on the keyboard ready to send only to find nothing happens. I have to grab my mouse and hit the send button. By this time, an impatient operator is sending ???

Perhaps I'm missing some nuance that is already built into SDR.(?) 

Comments

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Not sure I agree with you here.  The space bar is easy to press by mistake.  Not sure we want that to be a "send" key.  Are there cases where it is now?  I hope not.

And, you've moved the "focus" to the frequency bar.  So, what exactly do you want to send?  There's a lot of programmed function keys.  Maybe "the last one sent" is obvious to you, but I wonder if it is obvious to me or right _often enough_ to be a good idea.

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Okay, perhaps not the space bar. But something on the keyboard. What do I want to send? I want to respond to the person I've been to whom I'm communicating. Most likely I would be sending his call letters. Not something that had been programmed into a function key. 

That reminds me, when I press one of the function keys it sends what ever is entered there twice. If I wanted it sent twice I would have entered it twice.
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The SPACE BAR is a windows function. It will repeat the last item clicked in most programs. This is not a function of SSDR. Whatever you click on with your mouse will be repeated if you hit the space bar, in most cases.
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You're right the space key probably wouldn't be the right key to use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.