Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX+FREQUENCY+OFF but not voice

Mike KD2CJJ
Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
Is it normal for transit frequency of CWX and tuning be off frequency? But not voice? I was listening to my audio using another radiio and noticed my frequency was off. Is this normal? Version 1.5

Comments

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Zero-beat frequency? I have not noticed this (yet)
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Is it off by the side-tone value?
  • Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I am very new to Flex (literally this week).  Can you one of you walk me through some steps to validate your thoughts?

Its easy to reproduce.  I used my FTDX3k with no antenna and transmitting at 1 watt on the Flex.  I simiply start CWX and transmit.  I didnt hear anything but I could see on the bandscope of the FTDX3k where my signal was about 40khz off.  I will need to double check this as I am going from memory and could have been more.  I do know however it was just within the transmitted bandwidth being used because I could barely hear a tone.  

I am suspecting its the side tone value... 

What do you guys think?  Im traveling for business and wont be home till tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.