Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX always transmits

Jim Shaffer
Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using Flexlib 1.4.16 with a Flex 6300.  I expected CWX.Send to send only if .Breakin is true, but it always transmits.  If I key down, using a key for example, and .Breakin is false, I don't actually transmit.  I would expect CWX to work the same way.

Comments

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Good observation Jim. I had never noticed, but as you say, it seems beneficial to be consistent with keyer behavior, I suppose one could make the argument that using it for code practice ... turn power to zero.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    The Break In option only affects the physical Key input on the radio.  CWX always transmits if directed to do so in CW mode.

There are other ways to temporarily disable Transmit if this is the goal like unchecking the TX on the Slice control so there isn't a Transmit Slice defined.

If there is a use case where this isn't sufficient, please give us the details so we can improve the design.  Thanks for your input.
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I guess what I'm expecting is that it should work like the key works if I turn Breakin off (False).  Changing this would pose a backward compatability problem though.  How about adding something like a CWX.MonitorOnly property?  This would go through the monitor but not transmit.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    For monitor only or practice mode, I would suggest just turning the RF Power down to 0 and send away.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.