Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWSkimmer and 6600M setup

KC9EI - Dave
KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have the following software and equipment:
Dedicated WIN-7 Desktop
Flex-6600M
SmartSDR 2.3.9.112
SMartSDR CAT serial port 4 & TCP port 5002
WSJT-X v1.9.1
JTAlertX v2.12.4
CWSkimmer v2.0
SliceMaster v 0.10.5d
N3FJP ACL v 6.2

I am running fine with WSJT-X including logging. For the life of me, I cannot get cwskimmer working in any kind of stable fashion. I don't think I exaggerate saying I've read at least 50 postings but have yet to find a definitive explanation/example of how to set up cwskimmer with or without slicemaster.

Frequencies do not track, settings change, and there is no interaction between SmartSDR and CWskimmer. The only interaction I can see is between the logging program and SmartSDR and is the ONLY time (in the CW mode) that CWSkimmer tracks SmartSDR, at least for the first click.I would like to include SliceMaster in the setup if possible.

Does anyone have current settings for CWSkimmer and the 6600M? Am I supposed to use SoftRock, or SoftRock-IF. I've seen examples using both. Why not SDR-IQ? That seems more logical. Perhaps some screen shots? 

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    That’s a lotta software going on. If you have team viewer and want help I can give you an hour or less and we can have them all playing nicely. Pretty much the same setup I have except for Win 7 Mike NN9DD
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have it working on with my 6600M on Windows 10.  Slicemaster will automatically configure and launch CW Skimmer for you.  Make sure you have DAX control panel running on your PC and you have an IQ stream turned on for the slice you are using.  I used the Slicemaster documentation to get started.  https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I use SDR Bridge to launch CW Skimmer and setup the slices.  Works perfectly and is easily setup.

Larry, W1IZZ

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm trying it out today. So far.... much better

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Amazingly, I can have 4 slices open, skimming all 4.

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm certainly liking it more each day … as I learn where to click and where NOT to click. THAT is a little frustrating but the good sure overrides the not so good.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think unbelievable that the radio and software can skim 4 open slices, decoding the various signals--really cool.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes, provided you have the processing power required to do that. CW Skimmer can chew up some CPU cycles. Very cool though.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have an i5 and 8gb running win 7--seems to work fine

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Dave !  i did't see any point for you worries ,  first of all you have right  SW bunch in place, probably need to install SliceMaster last release "e" for better stability, however probably one of the key issue related to the Win7 system where some time (depends) necessary to start programms with Admin priveledges . Since Win7 my CWskimmer  in default starting with Admin rights , for slice master i am not set this option. I wanna to say that SliceMaster  more stable to work with CWskimmer and good interoperability with SSDR (spots). I am utilize SliceMaster without any issue or trouble with Slimmer (radio type is not important here)
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I continue to learn. I am missing the spots now since I stopped using slicemaster .  The saga continues

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Dave,

Can you say a bit more about the trouble you were having with Slice Master?  Did it work for a while and stop or were you never able to get things going?

--Don

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You use AC Log, which will provide spot data to Flex.  It works great.  Just get the latest version and enable spots.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.