Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW on Version 1.0.0 & More

EMIL-DL8JJ
EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
First of all to say, Steve and the whole team very good work and congratulations for the successful CW. Thanks! I finally got my new Flex 6700 on Wednesday. I have already had two hours QRQ chats and participated in a 3 hours at german telegraphy contest in SO2REE yesterday. (second rig was TS 480SAT) These chats ware 40 minutes to 1 hour long. Speed was 60 to 70 WPM in full QSK (delay 0). It worked great. Not a single error of Flex. I have tested both modes A and B in the Single lever technology. (of course I found no different due to single lever) During the contest i was used the Paddle input as a straight key and I have connected N1MM CW from a external notebook via USB/CAT DTR cable to the Flex-6700 key input. O2REE is my new kind of SO2R technique. I run on two bands at the same time in "RUN" modus with two full separated RIGs, PC's and paddles simultaneously. For SSDR i use didicated PC. Flex was worked perfect, no single problem all the time. Important! What shall promptly be made yet, which is to be perfect in my opinion: 1 . Dot & Dash Memory ON / OFF option (for single lever user - a must) Example: When you type "K" sends the finger is significantly faster than the key timing, the key should send "K" instead "N" like actual. Keyer should store dot&space or/and dash&space and sends it automatically to complete the character. 2. CWX should be integrated soon. 3. Dot / dash ratio ajustable. That's will be great and will put the Flex radio into new CW-era. cu Emil

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    From your list.... 2. CWX should be integrated soon. Agree, that one is on the top of my wish list but its currently planned for July 2014 behind a number of other enhancements. DAX for example is probably the most desired enhancement and there are a number of other important ones as well. See V1.3 on the Road Map. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hey Al, with 1,2,3 I mean only enumeration. All three points have the same importance now & soon. cheers, Emil
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Got it -- I'm not a QRQ/QSK CW OP so CWX is more important to me and probably a lot of others who also work in the 15 to 35 WPM range. So if there was a ranking, CWX would be on top for me. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.