Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW and RX Equalizer

Options
Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
CW and RX Equalizer Do you use the RX equalizer on CW? I've been using with the narrow setting like in the snapshot below. It seems to work pretty well. It peaks the CW signal and drops the noise. I'm interested to hear if other CW OPs have tried it and use it also. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ ************ CLICK to enlarge *************

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I would if I could have a different RX EQ for each mode. As it is, it is too much hassle to reset it every time I move from SSB to CW, etc.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good point and good idea -- Is that in the "long term" list for persistence? Being a CW only OP I wasn't tuned to that one. If you get a chance, give it a try on CW and let me know what you think. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Al... I tried it this morning on 160 ... I find it does seem to enhance the CW note and of course drops the hiss due to the narrower audio settings. I find its best when I set the cw pitch to match the 500 hz of the equalizer. (actually I like the pitch at 450 best but thats close enough) If I had the option to set this between CW and SSB like Ken mentioned I would most likely use it all the time.
  • Brad - N6SPM
    Brad - N6SPM Member
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was going to start a thread just like this! I too have been using a high-Q audio boost for my CW just like you show. I also use a different EQ for SSB when I must use the NR (boost some highs back for articulation - old ears). A provision to have at least 2 EQ profile memories (perhaps with mode-relevant persistence) would be greatly appreciated. 73, Brad - N6SPM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.