Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW(X)-sidetone on "REMOTE"

Johan Schepers PA3AIN
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hallo,

When  REMOTE is selected, is the CW(X)-sidetone not present in the audio of the LG widescreen monitor with build-in speakers.

The monitor is via a HDMI-cable connected to the computer.

Is this a general or a local problem?

Johan PA3AIN

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    Just tested it here and no problem hearing the CW sidetone when sending with CWX in Send or Live mode.   Make sure the CW sidetone is enabled and the gain (volume) slider is turned up too.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    However  with CW via CAT with activated REMOTE - no sidetone  - silence but marks are sends what should be i assume , necessary to find a workaround for control hmmm
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The "REMOTE" button on the screen allows me to hear audio in the headphones connected to the PC; however, the sidetone does not come thru when using the earphones connected to the PC.

To reproduce this, plug your headphone into the PC, click on "REMOTE", the audio is heard.  Key the transmitter, no sidetone.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Note that when CWX is used, the sidetone comes through.  When the key is used, the sidetone does not come through.  Sure is handy to have the phones plugged into the PC.  Dont have to change the phones when I want to listen to other audio from the PC.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is by design.  CW sidetone is only enabled for CWX when using Remote.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Tim, I recognized it, too and understand that it is by design.
    However, it may be more convenient to hear the sidetone from REMOTE even when it is keyed by NOT CWX.   I run flex, PC and keyer all in the same room and use REMOTE button to switch headphone and speaker, so "by design" cause me inconvenience.

de JI1BNU
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Not directly related to side-tone but would solve this.

With remote available, I often operate from the living room but at times wonder down the hall to get something for the ham shack while still trying to listen to the radio.

There time it would be nice to be able to receive audio on remote as well as on radio speakers. Volume control on radio speakers could be turned down when not wanted.

Of Course, next thing that would be nice.. have both computers connected to radio at the same time. This would allow seamless operating between two locations, without the delay of closing SSDR on one machine, the starting it on the other..   :-)

Ken - VE5KC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.