Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW skimmer with FLEX

Wayne W5GIE
Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm relatively new to FLEX and I'm interested in running a program like CW skimmer.  When researching the subject, I see a lot of older posts and thus haven't zeroed in on what's the latest and greatest.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Wayne W5GIE

Answers

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I'm using SDR-Bridge with CW Skimmer - highly recommended. SDR-Bridges automatically launches skimmer with the right frequency base parameters and manages the integration most effectively.
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Great!  I have seen CW Skimmer on different sites.  Are they all the same program or are different versions sold by different developers?
    Thanks
    Wayne W5GIE
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Only one I’m aware of. It’s a very impressive program. Simultaneously tracks an amazing number of QSOs.
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks!

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Sure. There’s also a CW Skimmer Server (same license) that can harvest QSOs across numerous bands and panadapters, if you’re a truly serious contester.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have tried slice master and SDR-Bridge and I have not been successful getting cw skimmer to work.  I will add that I got the furthest with SDR-Bridge but still no data.  I have one IQ stream running at 96k.  I just see continuous hash lines moving across CW skimmer window without any translation.    I also tried using slice-master 10.7b but no success.  I am running SDR v2.5.2.130, CW Skimmer 2.1 and SDR-Bridge v 3.  I have attached screen snips.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Try WDM audio type - works for me.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    when I select WDM I get the following:

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Your Realtek device is in use. Choose a device not in use.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Don,

The CW Skimmer display seems to be indicating DAX driver corruption.  Slice Master makes a couple of checks before launching CW Skimmer and refuses to launch if it notices problems with your drivers.  It should have given you a warning or error to let you know.

I suspect you'll have trouble regardless of how you launch CW Skimmer until you get your drivers fixed up.  Rick suggested the work-around of switching to WDM.  Either should work, but sometimes you can get lucky and find that it's only your MME drivers that are corrupt.  Likewise, you could try switching to DAX IQ 2 it's possible to have trouble with one channel but not another.

...or, you could tackle the driver corruption problem.

--Don
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I set it back to MME and at least sometimes it worked. There is supposed to be a Help - Content file but nothing comes up.  It would seem to me there should be a help file for setup and operation unless it is so obvious that one is not needed for cw skimmer.  I would be happy to get cw skimmer to work by itself

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.