CW Skimmer

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
What are the correct settings to get CW Skimmer version 2 working properly with DAX IQ?  Is it really necessary to use it in combination with SDR-Bridge, or has the situation improved?
Photo of W8QB

W8QB

• 139 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 247 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
If you ask me the only way to run CW Skimmer is with Slice Master... it does away with all the set up challenges and, in my opinion, much easier and better than using Bridge
Photo of W8QB

W8QB

• 139 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Thanks for the great tip Bruce.  It took me less than five minutes to download, install and successfully launch Slice Master!
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 247 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I run it on four bands at the same time with my 6700 tried more but ran out of screen space hi hi
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Both Bridge & Slice Master work fairly well ONCE I discovered that Malwarebytes was slowing CW skimmer to a crawl and showed massive distortion on the CW skimmer screen.  Would that be considered DAX IQ distrotion?? Turn off Malwarebytes and the CW skimmer is clean and moves along right smartly with accurate decode.
Not sure who would get the help ticket, Flex or Malwarebytes?  I did try some folder exceptions within MWB, no help.
I guess I could just leave MWB off, but it has been effective from time to time.Anyone else with MWB see that issue?
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 554 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
I discovered the same thing. I haven’t found a way to set anything in Malwarebytes to prevent it, so MB has been disabled on the primary computer I wish CW Skimmer.
Photo of KF3F

KF3F

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm seeing the same issue with MWB running. The odd thing is that if I click on one of the menu items in CW Skimmer it no longer has lag. Still looking for a fix other than disabling MWB.
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 554 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Yep, same here.
Photo of KF3F

KF3F

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Turning off the ransomeware protection in MWB resolves the CW Skimmer lag.