Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer licence

Trevor-EI2GLB
Trevor-EI2GLB Member
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software
Hi sorry for an off topic question but when you register CW Skimmer can you have it on more than one PC I want to build a new PC in a few months but if I install it on my current one do I have to pay again, CW Skimmer is quiet expensive as ham software goes so I don't want to have to pay twice, Thanks Trevor EI2GLB

Answers

• John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    I asked the software owner the same question a few weeks back.  His answer was the software can used on several pc's.  No you do not need to pay twice.

Regards, John K3MA
  • Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Trevor. I just loaded CW Skimmer on my two PC's yesterday and it runs fine on both. When you registered/bought the first copy you should have received a key to activate the program. My key was quite long ( ten groups of six alpha-numeric characters ). Download and install the Skimmer on your 2nd PC. When you try to run it, a pop-up will come up and ask for your name and the key you received. Make sure you enter the key exactly as it was shown. After entering that key, the program should run fine. I hope this helps. Good luck. John- W8AGS
  • Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Trevor, Just a follow up. I'm not sure if there is a time limit from when you first registered and when you load your 2nd. PC. I loaded my second PC the next day and no problems. John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.