CW Skimmer Issue After Win10 Update

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
CW Skimmer was working fine a week or two ago.  Now, after the Win10 update and the complete SSDR uninstall and reinstall per Tim's August procedure, Skimmer does not appear to see the DAX I/Q stream at all. All my CAT-related apps are again working fine.  

When I select a DAX I/Q channel for a panadapter I see the data rate on the LAN go up like normal.  So, I am assuming SSDR is sending the data.  But Skimmer just is not seeing it.  Also, when I look at the net datastream with Wireshark I am not certain what to look for re the I/Q stream.  Frankly, not seeing much difference in the Wireshark results with no I/Q streams enabled and with all four at 192K each.  Seems strange, but I am far from a net-wizard!  Probably looking at this incorrectly and missing the obvious.

Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks!

73, Tom
K1FR
Photo of K1FR

K1FR

• 111 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 929 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
Sorry, don't run skimmers so I can't test on Win 10 here.  If I may suggest trying to play the I/Q stream to an audio channel and help refine the origin of the problem.
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1853 Posts
  • 672 Reply Likes
Hi Tom,
Did you take a look at the DAX control panel to verify that the IQ setup is enabled, correct rate is selected and that the data is streaming as expected?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 979 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Are you running SDRBridge?
Photo of K1FR

K1FR

• 111 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Gents:  Thanks for the replies and ideas.  Yes re the DAX panel - set up with proper rates, showing streaming OK.  And.the Skimmer LO freq is set to match the DAX panel numbers.  The settings are the same as those that worked successfully for some time.  Have checked and rechecked.  

I have not used SDRBridge in the past.  Perhaps should have, but it worked without SDRBridge, so was happy with it.

I have tried restarting Windows, removing power from Flex and then restarting. No joy!  Think my next steps are first a factory reset of the Flex and if that does not work another attempt at reinstalling the SSDR.

Tim - afraid I did not understand what you had in mind.  Please give me a bit more detail.

Thanks again.

73, Tom
K1FR
Photo of K1FR

K1FR

• 111 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Official Response
Got it fixed!!  I had been staring at the obvious and totally missing it.  Finally sunk in -- the CW Skimmer Signal I/O device and Audio I/O device settings were scrambled.  How?  No idea.  But, once I set the signal I/O device to the proper DAX I/Q channel as was well.

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions.

Think my shack is now back to "normal"  -- which means waiting for the next challenge!  Guess that is why ham radio has been such a lasting fun hobby.  Never gets old.

73, Tom
K1FR

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.