Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer how to change bandwidth

Trevor-EI2GLB
Trevor-EI2GLB Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
HI All

I am just trying to get to grips with cw skimmer, I have it working with my flex 6500 on slice b as that's where I will be using it most to find where DX is listening,

what I cant seem to do in alter the bandwidth that skimmer skims if that makes scene,

if I scroll the band on skimmer I am only seeing about 18khz how can I change this and can I zoom in/out to see more on the available screen size I have, can I also set the skim edges, so i can only skim a pile up for example,

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Why don't you adjust the bandwidth of your 6500?
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2017
    Makes no difference in CW Skimmer

Thanks
    Trevor
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Trevor,
    What you are seeing is normal.  Using SDR-Bridge you can run up to 4 skimmers so that may be something that you could try as a workaround. 

There is an idea to integrate CW skimmer with SSDR.  If that ever happens the spots would be lined up with the panadapter.  And the bandwidth of the spots displayed would change as you zoom the panadapter in or out.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_dis...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Trevor, just set your bandwidth to match your DAX I/Q bandwidth. I use 96k, as this is more than enough. And no, you can't view the whole 96k, although it is decoded.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited March 2016
    How do I do that please Alex,

Thanks
    Trevor
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Al

I have a lot of reading/Learning to do

Thanks
    Trevor
    EI2GLB
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Trevor, it's all in the quickstart and troubleshooting guide by Al NN4ZZ.
    url here: http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html
    73, Alex - DH2ID

• Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Alex but that doesn't cover my question and the guide is for v1.0 beta the current v1.5 is very different, I'll try getting help from the author of CW Skimmer, Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Trevor,
    The quickstart guide is for the latest version of SDR-Bridge and was updated in February.

http://www.qrv.com/download/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2018-Feb-2016.pdf

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

• Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Al not sure what I was looking at last night, I still can't see how to alter what I can see in CW Skimmer, also I'm not getting as clean as a decode as in the guide, I have loads of yellow dots on traces bit its not showing call signs
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Trevor,
    Decode can be poor depending on the quality of the CW, sometimes very good, other times not so good.  Compared to other programs I've seen CWS does a good job.

Yellow dots & no callsigns -- see page 22 in the guide.  This might be the issue.

Also check to see if you have "verified calls" set instead of "All Calls."

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.