Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer doesnt show on screen after Win10 upgrade

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Third-Party Software

After upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win 10 on my I7 16GB computer it appears when I start the 6500 and select the DAX IQ1 channel and start SDR Bridge (which automatically starts CW Skimmer as before) that all is working/streaming fine and by all indications everything looks correct ...except..  that skimmer shows running in the task bar but since the upgrade I cannot find it on the screen or cause it to open on either screen of my 2 24in monitor system.    Don't know quite what to do next...  any ideas?

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    FYI:  Well..whatever it was..  All is corrected by reverting back to Win7 Pro.    I did load Win10 with all elements of SSDR removed.  Tried complete fresh reloads of 1.4.16 a couple times...  no change..  Same with CW Skimmer and SDR Bridge.   tried with all permissions and shutting down AVG firewall..still no go with Win10 as the OS. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a problem with the CWSkimmer.ini file.  It contains the XY monitor coordinates of where the application was located on your monitor at the last time it was shut down.  This happens when you have multiple monitors and they get "moved" around; either by the driver or by physically moving them to different ports on your video card.  This isn't exclusive to Win10.  I have had this happen on Win7.

SDR-Bridge creates the cwskimmer.ini files.  I'd send an email to Ed W2RF and find out where they are located and reset the XY coordinates to 0,0.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good to know when I try this again Tim.  Thanks   One other thing that happened was the font quality on my DX Labs suite  reverted to a much lower font quality.  Like on my old TRS80 machine!   My ASUS 24 in monitors were set to the highest res and all other computer programs displayed fonts properly.    Who knows
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Larry,
    The location of the .ini files is on page 17 of the "quickstart" notes on the SDR-Bridge webpage.  There are also a few tips about issues related to correcting the situation in case one becomes corrupt.

QuickStart document located on the SDR-Bridge web page:

http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html

or on my web page here:

http://www.nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2011-Apr-2015.pdf

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.