Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer and Parallels on a MAC

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is not an FRS problem. I can run CW Skimmer on a Win7 machine with no problems. I can also run it in BootCamp Win7 with no problems. Parallels in OS X 10.10 does not play well with CW Skimmer. I tried the same setup that is being used in Win7 machines. Here is the software I'm using. Windows 7, SDR-Bridge 1.1.0 and CW Skimmer 1.8. Here is screen shot of my results. Maybe some OSX guru can point me in the right direction.image

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Bob, defenetely you have a issue in Audio Device setup of the Skimmer. I am using MAC OS+ Parallels+Win10 Preview+Skimmer 1.8+Bridge 1.1.0 - no issues, all works fine. Usually i am starting Bridge behalf Administrator 

BTW, trying to start Skimmer separately, without Bridge, in case negative expirience reinstall Skimmer
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sergey, I would like to know what the message box in the lower right hand corner is trying to tell me. Like I said it works fine in the other Windows setups, I did not change any of the settings for Parallels.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Bob i remember i have it at once a long time ago, issue is Skimmer trying to redirect audio stream  into incompatible audio device: ex. very high bandwidth of audio I/Q (ex.: 192kHz) into the Parallels  Audio Device. Trying to stop Skimmer decoding (not close at all), closing all unnecessary windows , and look into the Skimmer Audio Setup to solve manually. i guess it make sense

Just look into my Mac 5K with Parallels and Win10:

did screen short with my previous callsign: ra3ajk
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bob,

There is a possibility that the problem can be solved by starting CW Skimmer outside of SDR-Bridge. To do that look in the SDR-Bridge/Shortcuts directory. These are handy because they start CW Skimmer the same way as it is done in Bridge, with the same INI files.

Start Skimmer with the shortcut. If things are working, you should see the waterfall correctly without starting Bridge.

Then start Bridge and check the Skim box if necessary.

73 ED W2RF
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Guys, I figured out the problem. The problem lies with CW Skimmer. It tends to change the settings configured in the setup screen. I know that I setup DAX IQ 1 when I originally setup but on recheck it had changed to something else. Everything is working fine now. Thanks foryour help.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Congrats Bob! Go to air!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.