Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Signal report -- 2-Khz Wide?? Any suggestions?

K9APW - Dick - Verona, WI
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I received the following report via e-mail from a ham in California -- I am in Wisconsin --

I have the Flex 6700 and was using my Expert SPE 2K-FA amp running about 600-700 watts out??  I use a 40-meter rotatable dipole at 80 feet on 12 meters with an SWR of about 1.75/1 --

Any suggestions on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks, 

****, K9APW

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi ****,

I'm in Colorado.  If you want to set a freq and time on 40 I'll tune in and see what I see on my Flex6300.  

Mark
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Get more reports first.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Any chance you are using Fldigi and sending cw via dax? 
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Likewise, ****, if you want to meet on 40 tonight I can meet you. I'm in NC.
    Doug K4DSP
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you running full break-in or semi-breakin? Could your amp's relay be chopping the beginning or end of your CW note?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I have to agree with Bill, get more reports. That seems too weird, esp with a quality Amp.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    get some more reports with and without the amp. 
  • Steve WS5W
    Steve WS5W Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    What version of SmartSDR is he running?

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I got a report like that and come to find out the guy was using a Hallicrafters S-38 receiver.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Too bad he didn't have the "E" model with optional 12AT7 product detector.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Similar to Steve's comment could be a nube with a legacy rig and NO filters at all.
    Sound familiar to you contesters out there???
    Get some trusted reports from the Flex users who offered above before freaking out, ha.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.